the purpose of lucid dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dbz

the purpose of lucid dreaming

Postby dbz » 15 Jun 2017 14:59

Im reading different posts about lucid dreaming and some have goals they want to achieve which is enlightening.

But my main goal lately is to pierce together the connection between reality and dreamworld. For instance in a dream i will ask a person the location of the place im in or a phone number i can call upon waking up. I havent had great success with this method but im still trying hard to connect the dots. Also i want to shift things in the spiritual world whether its helping my deceased loved ones get through rough patches or removing obstacles in my path.

That to me is the real purpose of lucid dreaming.

DreamerMan99

Re: the purpose of lucid dreaming

Postby DreamerMan99 » 16 Jun 2017 02:54

I started lucid dreaming out of curiosity,
I continued for the fun,
I left out of boredom,
and I came back to reconnect with myself. After a few years off lucid dreaming and just caught up in the rat race, I lost touch with a lot of important things that I cared about when I was younger. I feel like lucid dreaming is a decent way to keep yourself connected to well, yourself.

I don't believe it is a dreamworld, our that dead people don't reside there; it isn't anything but a strange creation of our minds. For what reason? I do not know. I suppose my interest in it is similar to my interest in altered states of consciousness. It's interesting to me how consciousness feels in a lucid dream. I also like the way certain drugs change my experience in life, and even how my own mental attitude changes my conscious experience.

I guess there isn't really any objective purpose for lucid dreaming, and that's okay.
Good luck,
Dream on.

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 16 Jun 2017 15:14

Lucid dreaming most assuredly has purpose or porpoise, as some might express it.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 17 Jun 2017 06:00

Whether lucid dreaming has purpose or not depends on the user.
If it weren't for lucid dreaming, I would have kept causing problems as a child. I never wanted to go to sleep as a kid, and was kind of a handful, keeping my parents up very late at night when I'd run around the house. I'd end up being put in front of the TV, where REM Rebound would eventually catch up with me, and I'd end up forced into SP, then a WILD (I watched a lucid dreaming cartoon, so I managed to figure it out). It took months of fighting them and having these WILDs to finally get me to stop fighting my parents on going to sleep at night, as I finally had a reason not to fight them.
Lucid dreaming is also used for skill building. I cannot tell you how many times I have used lucid dreaming for that.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

dbz

Postby dbz » 17 Jun 2017 18:34

I thnk this was around 96 and my uncle would always tell me i sleepwalk. He would tell me i woke up fron my bed and bypassed the toilet and took my weenie out infront of the heater! And that i ate like a rat hhmmp. Who me? But i can somehow remember sleepwalking but i got over that now im into dodging bullets and playing volley ball with the sun lol

Gypsy Moth

Postby Gypsy Moth » 19 Jun 2017 22:26

The author here is spot on. I'd also add that you can learn about future events or uncover the meaning of deceptive events in real life. Often guides or helpers will show up and let you in on stuff that you need to know.

Richard Griffin

Postby Richard Griffin » 21 Jun 2017 23:38

Personally, i feel like it's probably healthy to have a purpose. And given LD's extraordinary potential it does seem a shame to treat it as simply a playground. On the other hand, if someone wants to just take it lightly like this who am I to judge? I certainly don't feel like it's helpful to be overly prescriptive, either. Personally. ;)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”