Are WILDs and Astral Projections the same thing?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MysticalMeadows

Are WILDs and Astral Projections the same thing?

Postby MysticalMeadows » 18 Jun 2017 22:49

I've had this question for a while now. Is a WILD (Wake-Induced-Lucid-Dream) the same thing as a Astral Projection? Both of them have a process almost identical. You relax in bed and have your body fall asleep while you stay awake in your mind, and then you visualize a dream scene or imagine your dream body detaching from your physical body. It all seems like the same visualizing. It just seems like they're the same thing. ps. I've never achieved a WILD or Astral Projection so I don't know what each of them feel like. Please let me know your thoughts! I'd love to hear all your guys' opinions on the subject. :D

Ron

Re: Are WILDs and Astral Projections the same thing?

Postby Ron » 18 Jun 2017 23:10

No, but similar. You will clearly notice the difference once you try both, and when asked the same question, you will for sure answer others it's not the same thing. Now, this is interesting , a projection can finish as a lucid dream, IDK why; also, they say you can step directly from a LD into a projection, I have not tried this. What you are looking for is to experience the OBE, there is so much more you can do there, but then again, you need control, that comes with practice.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 19 Jun 2017 04:10

One is a lucid dream, the other often is not a lucid dream. You have to be aware of the dream in order for it to be a lucid dream, which often when people imagine themselves turning into Danny Phantom, they think they are really "Going ghost!" so it ends up not being a lucid dream.
I had a couple of MILD techniques that were extremely similar to some of my WILD entry techniques. Because I passed out before regaining awareness in the lucid dreams, even if they were similar to the WILD entry, they were considered MILD techniques.
While WILDs could be labeled as the same thing, I do have 2 different types of WILD techniques I use and practice and while I label them both as lucid dreams, I use different types of controls. One lucid dream I have ultimate control over and have been using since I was a child. The other, I am more free from my afflictions with, and I more often have incidents with the dream spying and dream meshing.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 20 Jun 2017 03:43

lucidé wrote:One is a lucid dream, the other often is not a lucid dream. You have to be aware of the dream in order for it to be a lucid dream, which often when people imagine themselves turning into Danny Phantom, they think they are really "Going ghost!" so it ends up not being a lucid dream.
I had a couple of MILD techniques that were extremely similar to some of my WILD entry techniques. Because I passed out before regaining awareness in the lucid dreams, even if they were similar to the WILD entry, they were considered MILD techniques.
While WILDs could be labeled as the same thing, I do have 2 different types of WILD techniques I use and practice and while I label them both as lucid dreams, I use different types of controls. One lucid dream I have ultimate control over and have been using since I was a child. The other, I am more free from my afflictions with, and I more often have incidents with the dream spying and dream meshing.
What's the technique that you've been using since you were a child that gives you complete control over the dream?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 Jun 2017 19:59

The technique I used when I was a child was a form of the WILD technique, where I ended up consciously falling into SP, as my awareness had no where else to go but the room. For the first few months when I was learning how to lucid dream, actually I wasn't doing it intentionally. At first it was a bit forced as I kept myself up for too long, so I'd fall into REM Rebound SP, and then phase into a lucid dream (completely conscious). I found a reason to not fight against my parents to go to sleep at night as a young child (which for a while, it was a war with them), because my lucid dreams were so much fun. Except because of my age, as I was only 3, it took me over a year to start learning basic controls and several years to master control over my lucid dreams. You usually don't start developing much control or coordination until at least age 4, this is why I was unable to control my lucid dreams. Although when I was old enough to start learning about control over my lucid dreams, I started finding different ways I could learn about controlling them, and my constant game play from the NES and Gameboy were my influence to learning how to control my lucid dreams at first. Video games are often one of the ways you can learn better controls, because they teach you different ways on how to control yourself by the way you are controlling your character through your game play. That was my first step in learning how to control my lucid dreams, even though all my video games at first were 8 bit.

The WILDs I started having as a teenager were completely different and something I had never experienced in all the years I had been having them as a child. I began to be able to tell accurate time in those lucid dreams, and even see places with complete accuracy (the room I was in never blurred, and that was a bit strange). Even better was I had incidents with dream spying, which that didn't happen prior to then. So I would say the WILDs I started having as a teenager were different, but they are still lucid dreams. It is like comparing the 2 different lucid dreams Spongebob was having in that one episode. One lucid dream spongebob had he was driving around in a car and managed to have his driver's license appear right in front of him. The other one, which is comparable to the WILDs I started having as a teenager, he cloned himself and used his clone as a reality check. (I am not including the parts he was dream meeting with the others) He wandered in his lucid dream around a completely accurate Bikini Bottom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjBwEDFynFc Ignore the song, and look at the 2 lucid dreams. one he has where he is flying and gets his driver's licenses ripped, then he falls out of his dream into yet another lucid dream, that looks like a very accurate version of Bikini Bottom. It is implied he is in a lucid dream, because he says, "Is that me or is this me, am I still dreaming?" or in other words he performed a reality check.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”