reality check

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
erichsa

reality check

Postby erichsa » 29 Jul 2012 18:58

i have plenty and good clear dreams, but it never occurs to me to do a reality check. any tip to make my self do a reality check? i tell my self two fingers through my left palm would be great, i am trying it very often during the day,but at night, i cant take over. i am lucky in remembering sometimes up to 4 dreams per night, the early morning one can be very long. a few days ego i flew on my own for i think 30 minutes to cape town singing on the way to get lift when i got to low. to take over will be great.

:) erich

Denmonation

Re: reality check

Postby Denmonation » 30 Jul 2012 08:11

Just keep doing them. As it starts to become second nature, you won't even think about it. You'll start remembering to reality check all throughout the day, and you'll start doing it in dreams. Just requires patience.

Also, what really kicked off my LDing is whenever I think of an LD, I do it. Sometimes I'd get lazy and say, "Well, 15 minutes ago I wasn't dreaming so no need to check again." But in a dream you don't think straight. Many of my dreams start with a random reality check that I almost think of as I chore. I'll say, "Well, this isn't a dream, but I'll check just so it becomes habit," and then I realize it's a dream. If you're feeling angry about something, don't just blow off checks and say, "I don't have time for this stupid stuff." Often I'm very angry and realize it's a dream by doing an RC anyway.

And do 2 reality checks (at least) in case one fails. And really question where you are, what's happening, and if it's possibly a dream.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”