MUTUAL DREAMS?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Esosis

MUTUAL DREAMS?

Postby Esosis » 29 Jun 2017 07:43

For me it's nearly impossible but I still hope it isn't. I mean, imagine visiting your friend's dream and then the nxt morning he/she texted you that you appeared in his/her dream and then you both realized that you two are in the same dream. That would be so amazing..

goldenrose

Re: MUTUAL DREAMS?

Postby goldenrose » 29 Jun 2017 15:12

I've done it before -- a few times, actually -- but only by accident, and only with someone I'm very close with. I'm unsure how to trigger this.

You could always try something else, though; if a friend is willing, set up a dream scene to "meet up" at. If both of you visualize the dream scene that night, both of you could have a similar dream, and might even "see" each other. This most likely wouldn't result in a true mutual dream, though; more like a meshed dream, aka when two dreamers have a dream with similar symbols and ideas.

The only thing I can think to do is set up a secret word or phrase. If you see a close friend or family during a dream (while lucid), go up to them and say the secret word (ex. Bananas, palm tree, etc.). If it is truly them, they will most likely tell you about the strange event and hopefully remember the phrase.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Esosis

Postby Esosis » 30 Jun 2017 06:57

I am gonna try that "secret phrase" you've thought of. Thanks! :) :) :)

Gypsy Moth

Postby Gypsy Moth » 03 Jul 2017 01:49

goldenrose wrote:I've done it before -- a few times, actually -- but only by accident, and only with someone I'm very close with. I'm unsure how to trigger this.

You could always try something else, though; if a friend is willing, set up a dream scene to "meet up" at. If both of you visualize the dream scene that night, both of you could have a similar dream, and might even "see" each other. This most likely wouldn't result in a true mutual dream, though; more like a meshed dream, aka when two dreamers have a dream with similar symbols and ideas.

The only thing I can think to do is set up a secret word or phrase. If you see a close friend or family during a dream (while lucid), go up to them and say the secret word (ex. Bananas, palm tree, etc.). If it is truly them, they will most likely tell you about the strange event and hopefully remember the phrase.

Good idea.

mila

Postby mila » 03 Jul 2017 22:31

I once met twins who did this, however it was indeed more of a "mashed" dream; they dreamed one of them was standing above a cliff and the other one hanging down from it (there was more detail to it, but I don't remember). The flaw however was that they both dreamed they were the one standing (and maybe saving the other? I don't remember), in stead of actually experiencing the same dream.

naturespirit

Postby naturespirit » 03 Jul 2017 23:00

I accidentally experienced it, but most of the time the results are not huge, just a vague similarity, such as we both dream of a colored sphere around a DC.
Experiment with things such as a phrase, you never know what could happen.
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

Earn Points!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19752

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 13 Jul 2017 17:25

This would be dream meshing. While it is impossible for you to have the exact same dream, it is very possible for you and a friend to have similar symbols or even see each others' characters in (lucid) dreams. I used to practice dream meshing with a group of lucid dreaming friends before when I was a teenager and we'd match dream symbols in our lucid dreams frequently. Dream sharing may be impossible but dream meshing is possible.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”