Creating your own NIGHTMARE?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mila

Creating your own NIGHTMARE?

Postby mila » 03 Jul 2017 22:47

Hi! I'm not sure if this topic has been touched before, but when I was younger I had a lot of lucid dreams which eventually turned into nightmares.
For example: once I realized I was dreaming and could alter my dream I thought to myself "If you think of something scary, that will appear in your dream aswell!" then followed by "don't think of something scary! don't think of something scary!"..." SPIDERS!" and then I would have a nightmare about spiders.... (it was similar to the ghost busters scene if anyone knows what I'm talking about).
I was wondering if anyone has had the same experiences and could maybe tell me how they stopped it, because to me it always made lucid dreaming a bit less fun (luckily it doesn't happen that often now).
As for the dreams: I usually just woke myself up from the dream and then woke up my (not-so-happy) parents to assure me there were no monsters (or spiders).

naturespirit

Re: Creating your own NIGHTMARE?

Postby naturespirit » 03 Jul 2017 23:21

Negative thinking can quickly upset the balance of a positive lucid dream.
These happen to all sorts of lucid dreamers.
Firstly, don't think over the negative thoughts all day.
Secondly, if the negative objects come into your dream, accept them for what they are. They are merely a manifestation of your thoughts. They cannot actually harm you. Now, transform by flowing positive energy through the dream.
I had a similar experience, and that is how I stopped it. :)
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

Earn Points!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19752

mila

Postby mila » 04 Jul 2017 10:19

Thank you! I'll think more positive thoughts in the future! :D

Gypsy Moth

Postby Gypsy Moth » 04 Jul 2017 17:01

Always good advice. Well done. ;)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”