Problem with prolongening LDs

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
agent25

Problem with prolongening LDs

Postby agent25 » 20 Jul 2017 16:54

Hey!
Am I lucid dreaming for some time now,but whenever I realize that I am dreaming I just blackout even thought I did nothing(in most cases to false awakenings) or went semi-lucid,cause I cant remember to do stabilization part. And even when I am lucid dreaming and its all doing great I sudentlly forget that this is all a dream.
Problem with prospective memory,long story short.

All help in greatly apreciated,thank you!

24/7/365

Re: Problem with prolongening LDs

Postby 24/7/365 » 21 Jul 2017 03:06

This happens when your conscious realizes your unconscious. You could start to program your conscious through your subconscious. In short: Your can start to train your aware self, to recognize your unaware self, through your semi aware self. This can be accomplished through a whole host of products available. I hope this helps. good luck.

agent25

Postby agent25 » 21 Jul 2017 13:19

What kind of products?

And thanks!

agent25

Postby agent25 » 21 Jul 2017 13:30

What kind of products?

And also thank you!

Kehoe33

Postby Kehoe33 » 31 Jul 2017 01:18

Now I'm no expert, but I may have some advice. Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night but kept yourself somewhat in a sleep-like state so you could fall back asleep? Use that same technique when your LD. Stay calm, relax your mind like you're allowing your brain to think on its own. Let it run wild and try not to be so consciously aware of what's going on. Almost like meditating, but here you'll allow your subconscious to do all the thinking for you, no matter where it brings you, just allow yourself to follow with it.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Aug 2017 01:18

agent25 wrote:Hey!
Am I lucid dreaming for some time now,but whenever I realize that I am dreaming I just blackout even thought I did nothing(in most cases to false awakenings) or went semi-lucid,cause I cant remember to do stabilization part. And even when I am lucid dreaming and its all doing great I sudentlly forget that this is all a dream.
Problem with prospective memory,long story short.

All help in greatly apreciated,thank you!

It sounds to me like you get to excited when you realize you are dreaming combined with the worry that you will wake up. So your subconscious does exactly what you expect and you have a false awakening. Try setting up a plan of exactly what you will do the next time you realize you are dreaming. While awake close your eyes and imagine you are dreaming and you become lucid, then imagine in as much detail as possible that you stay calm and engage your senses (what do you see, what do you hear, what do you smell, what do you feel) which will help you focus on the dream and stay in it.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 05 Aug 2017 03:16

It's just practice. The excitement is enough to disrupt your sleep cycle or dream state. Keep practicing and eventually you'll learn to control your emotions and reach a point where you have control of the situation.
Good luck,
Dream on.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”