Lucid dreaming and the real-world human body

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
JKFlorida

Lucid dreaming and the real-world human body

Postby JKFlorida » 28 Jul 2017 21:32

I realize that lucid dreaming cannot be used to directly affect reality, but can it be used to induce a sort of in-dream self-hypnosis? Lucid dreaming can be used to affect a person's psychology (curing phobias, etc.), but what about hormones or metabolism or libido? The subconscious mind controls many things that do affect our bodies in real life. Can anyone confirm whether these things can be influenced from inside a dream? For example, what would happen if I was in a lucid dream and I asked my subconscious, "Can you make me taller in real life?"

Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid dreaming and the real-world human body

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Aug 2017 01:25

Dreams take place only in the mind/brain. The best you can hope for would be very minor changes when it comes to hormones or metabolism (libido is driven by hormones - mostly testosterone even in women). For example: you could use lucid dreaming to build up your confidence, which leads you to be more confident in real life, which leads you be be less stressed, which lowers your cortisol levels, which in the long run can reduce you risk of cardiovascular disease.

As far as making any direct major changes, like making you taller, making requests to your subconscious mind within a lucid dream will not help.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

DreamerMan99

Re: Lucid dreaming and the real-world human body

Postby DreamerMan99 » 05 Aug 2017 03:14

Lucid dreaming can be used for this, but often I've found it takes a lot of practice to attain lucidity where you can practice reality skills. It's more important to deal with these things in reality if you can, and save lucidity for more fun and explorative things.
Good luck,
Dream on.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”