Spontaneous Lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
phangz

Spontaneous Lucidity

Postby phangz » 31 Jul 2012 07:21

Most of the time when i become lucid it's not because i recognize that something is off or because i do a reality check in the dream. Mostly at some point i just kinda say to myself "I'm dreaming" or "this is a dream."

For example, i had this one dream once where i was sitting on a boulder in the woods. i was just chilling and looking around. Nothing abnormal, since i like camping and often do this sort of thing when i am in the woods. Woods looked fine too, just a bunch of pine trees in the middle of the day and dead needles and pinecones on the ground. All the sudden, I just say "This is a dream." Then, since i was afraid i was gonna lose my lucidity, i said it a few more times. Then i just stayed on the boulder and admired how real the forest looked.

I'm not sure how to capitalize on this and make it happen more often. i suppose i can try to do more reality checks, it's just they rarely make it into the dream.

Jack Reacher

Re: Spontaneous Lucidity

Postby Jack Reacher » 31 Jul 2012 10:06

Most lucid dreams that arent WILDs for me occur like that as well, I dont even bother with reality checks now they seem to be too much effort with very little chance of them actually happening.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Slip

Postby Slip » 31 Jul 2012 16:49

Jack Reacher wrote:Most lucid dreams that arent WILDs for me occur like that as well, I dont even bother with reality checks now they seem to be too much effort with very little chance of them actually happening.

Same. I have had some success with them, but very rarely.

jamiealexander

Postby jamiealexander » 31 Jul 2012 17:28

Meditation. Sorry to keep saying it, but it's true.

This happens to me most of my lucid dreams. I just build my awareness up so much that it just switches on during a dream for absolutely no reason.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”