Not remembering dreams.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
neverwake

Not remembering dreams.

Postby neverwake » 30 Aug 2017 18:37

So since age of 9, i'm 15 now.. I can't remember my dreams anymore and i think that it's the most important thing right now. I can't remember a thing after I go up from bed and that really sucks. If there are any tips that could help me please respond to this thread. Thanks!

Dreamoflove

Re: Not remembering dreams.

Postby Dreamoflove » 30 Aug 2017 20:23

hey, so i don't really know much about this but i find that when you repeat a mantra in your head, something along the lines of "I will remember my dreams tonight" before falling asleep it helps. Keep a dream journal beside your bed so that if on a rare occasion you do remember a dream, you can write it down right away.
-Neon :lol: :o

neverwake

Postby neverwake » 31 Aug 2017 15:25

Dreamoflove wrote:hey, so i don't really know much about this but i find that when you repeat a mantra in your head, something along the lines of "I will remember my dreams tonight" before falling asleep it helps. Keep a dream journal beside your bed so that if on a rare occasion you do remember a dream, you can write it down right away.

Thanks, i will make sure to try that tonight. :3

Kon

Postby Kon » 03 Sep 2017 10:29

Hey, sorry for the late reply.
Welcome to lucid dreaming, for starters. This place is pretty quiet from what I see, but I urge you to stay with the community :)

I recommend making a dream journal on your phone. Start by writing down your normal, non-lucid dreams the moment you wake up. Don't get up or anything. Keep your phone beside you and have a notepad easily accessible on it.

Heres an example of a dream I had a few months ago.

"
I was in some sort of dark mansion and it was similar to a jumpscare puzzle / nightmare. A few things I remembered was seeing some sort of plushie doll on a table with a big head and the rest of the body small. It was next to a bed which color I cannot remember. I believe there was a window too, right behind the table. The table was more like a nightstand, and the bed was to the right of it.
Another big part of the dream I saw was an underground dog kennel. I saw a big box of generic brand looking food meant for dogs, and some sort of cardboard box made from giant scrapped cereal boxes. The box was made for a big dog to sleep in This was what I found when looking into a hole in the ground that looked man made (as in, not a part of the wood flooring that caved in). It was perfectly square. There was no way in hell I would even consider going down there, although I can't remember if I took that risk in the dream. And yes, I was alone. Nobody was with me. I remember having the thought of doing some sort of stream so people could give me advice and warnings on what to do and expect, but that thought quickly vanished for some reason (I presume my body wanted this to stay as if I was in some sort of twisted reality). Another thing I noticed was there was a menu that popped up, as if it was on a monitor. It had a few journal entries from the looks of it, and to the left I noticed that there was another section of the menu that I had to drag to the right to see. That said, I completely ignored that stuff and was at an open spot at the mansion. I remember there being some sort of reception desk and a big open door. Some other things that are just now coming to mind are that there were people in this mansion. One of them had karma strike them whenever they insulted what was apparently a ghost (hence this haunted mansion vibe). When the man went to bed that night it was a very stormy and windy night. The glass window in his room shattered completely and some fencing, presumably from the next part of this story which includes the grass farm, strikes him directly in the chest. He ends up screaming what I generally recall as "MOOM!!". The last part I remembered in that scene was his mother waking up worried as hell. That's all there was to it to that. Another guy was planting grass for what he called barn animals. I remember some of the grass being well grown and some being little buds. I was on the ground looking at them for some reason. One last little scene was when I was with another person, whom I cannot describe, killing some sort of monster that was similar looking to a slim yet buff giant. He had killed it very carefully. I cannot remember what happened next, but we had to leave afterward. There was 3 of these statue like beings in total.
I'm going to backtrack to the dog part of the story. It turns out, there was animals in the dream, including my pet Nier, the cat. I presume that he was with me in parts of the dream that I can't remember, and I decided to go down into the nightmarish cellar to get him some food (as well as deplete the remaining common sense I have in that realm).. There was two dish bowls that I remember seeing. There was also a friendly dog that was with us, which I could not remember how we met him. I started pouring the food and they both start rushing over to start eating. I believe this is a part of my dream that signifies the responsibility I have to keep Nier alive and well, even if I'm not his owner and my sister is. The ending of this story is relatively simple. I did not want to progress by any means, so I simply stopped at the front of the mansion, covered my eyes, and panicked until I woke up.
"
This story was about an hour long and you can see the gaps in my memory during the time I wrote all of it down.

My more recent dreams are a lot more detailed. I had one where I remembered where things were on a shelf and what brands they were, even the prices and the store I was at.

The point is, I recommend jogging down your dreams, whether by writing or typing it out.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”