Just had first intentional full-on paralysis. I remember EVERYTHING. Details ahead.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kon

Just had first intentional full-on paralysis. I remember EVERYTHING. Details ahead.

Postby Kon » 03 Sep 2017 10:05

:D :D :D , I still cant believe I was able to remember this goldmine of information. I wrote this down in my journal, so heres a copy-paste lol

I dunno if this is a win or a loss but I managed to stay awake and make my body fall asleep completely in the initial "falling asleep" / "shutdown" phase.

I started off with the typical baseline for a lucid dream, staying completely still and not moving anything. This was during the non-REM, initial period of sleep, so even getting to full paralysis was of great difficulty.
I had some pure theta waves and some headphones on as well, which definitely helped.
Within about 5 minutes I get my legs, arms, and lower torso "asleep", as usual, but from here on I would start dozing off and completely miss my chance to successfully pull off the lucid phase. This time, however, was different.

I started 'experimenting' by starting to doze off but keeping myself awake by varying degrees; eventually, after about 20-30 minutes, it hit me.
Theres a transition phase where my body sank itself into a thought (which would've later turned into a dream) automatically and I had to keep my mind awake so that I can intentionally give myself full paralysis, compared to the partial paralysis I already put myself into. Typically this entire process is daily, but happens much more rapidly since it doesn't require focusing on keeping the mind awake.

Before I go any further, I would like to say that my form of partial paralysis was the following parts of my body being asleep:
My legs, arms, lower/mid chest, and ~maybe~ a few bits on my face.
I would consider this my body being about 70% asleep.

Full paralysis would be such.
Chest, arms, legs fully asleep.
Head is also asleep, but about 5% of it is still controllable for me.
Thus, I would consider this being in a 95% paralysis state; I still achieved nearly the same result as if I were to be fully paralyzed.

One thing I noticed is that to get to this full paralysis phase, I had to fall asleep as if I were to normally, but then keep my mind awake simultaneously.. but putting more thought on falling asleep. This is the phase of trickery, and also the experimentation phase where I tested out how much I had to start shutting down and how much I had to keep the intentions in my head. I had to have the thought of going lucid and the thought of keeping my mind awake in the back of my head, but still prevalent enough to remember easily. Hope you're still with me here.
I am theorizing that I kept those two thoughts in my subconscious, while my main conscientious thought was thinking about falling asleep. Maybe in the future this could be aided by some form of meditation.

It's like working against an automated system, like stopping your automatic breathing (not the greatest example), but it takes way more effort. It was difficult, as if I was breaking out of a cage and only had about a 30 second period of time to do it or I would be locked in said cage for a few to several hours. The cage, in this case, would be a non-lucid dream.

I remembered everything I saw as much as I could. I could not remember the thought I was having, but I could tell you that I was able to feel my body start shutting down, I heard a "click", as if someone were to flick a light switch (it sounded more like a spaceship reactor going offline but ill stick to the lightswitch for simplicity), and then my mind started a deep focus on the thought I was having at that time. I started getting overwhelmed by the urge to sleep.

I conclude that this is the exact way an automated, non-lucid dream starts.. and thus, I was able to break out of it. This initial realization, or jump in a way, is very hard to do, but now that my mind knows this is what happens, I think entering a full state of paralysis will be easier in the future. I also hope this assists some of you, or works as a bit of a guide. I am aware that everyone is different.

Regardless, this lead to my body going from partial paralysis to full paralysis. Since this was my first time doing it, I was started to elevate my heartbeat out of excitement.
I was starting to see what most trained people do, such as the shapes and outlines of figures.. however, due to my excitement, my focus was completely off track and I couldn't enter a lucidic state because, honestly, I was way too excited/scared because I knew I was gonna be able to do it. I was optimistic in a way.

I've burned the fact in my mind that you MUST stay calm to progress further, and I managed to calm down to an extent, only for my heartbeat to elevate over and over again. I had to break my mind out of this partial lucid state because I had to control my breathing manually through my nose (no mouth/jaw movement), I figured I would be able to fall back into full paralysis. Unfortunately I started thinking about the saliva in my mouth at that time. There was a lot. The saliva got to me and I had to break out of paralysis to swallow it, which was completely unnecessary; for some reason though the instinct overwhelmed me. I was back to partial paralysis, and thats when I decided to fully wake back up and write all this down.

I consider this experience a slight loss only because of the fact my circadium got thrown off from my lack of sleep. But aside from that, Ive learned a ton of data from this experiment, and I hope that this applies to at least some people, perhaps everybody even. Who knows, maybe Ive just discovered new mechanics that put themselves into place for anybody that heads for a lucid sleep.

Please give me more information down in the comments. I want to know what in the heck happened. In particular, was I too aware? Was I heading straight into a lucid dream, or maybe an AP even? I would love to hear your thoughts.

flowofmysoul

Re: Just had first intentional full-on paralysis. I remember EVERYTHING. Details ahead.

Postby flowofmysoul » 11 Sep 2017 22:10

I see you are diligently trying to explore the dreaming world.

You are right, in the beginning excitement will throw you out of the process. By doing it again, you will eventually learn to stay calm during the process.
If you proceed you will slowly transition into non-rem dream. If you fail to stay conscious you will undergo a normal fall a sleep scenario, experience a non-rem dream and will most likely not recall it, later on you will move to your first rem dream which you might recall. If you stay conscious and move on, you will slowly start experiencing the non-rem dream. At first you might fall out again because of excitement, but with more experience you will be able to stay there longer. This dream is your first dream and it is not rem, it is usually very short. After short period of time you will have a feeling that everything is disappearing, it feels inevitable. Slowly everything will disappear, you will experience complete and total emptiness and you will love it. If you reach this stage and remain conscious, consider it a success. Then you will fall unconscious and you will naturally move on to your next sleep phases. My advice is not to try to alter this process, you should undergo natural course of sleep phases. You can stay conscious and observe it until here, but you won't be able to go further consciously.

There is a way to assist yourself in staying or becoming conscious. I read you had headphones on, so you might be already doing it. Never tried listening to any kind of waves. I used calm audio books on average volume that let me fall asleep and slightly wake me up from time to time.

Combined with reality checks and all day awareness, you can eventually have all your dreams lucid naturally. What is happening is that you consciously experience the transition way and you get to know the feeling of entering a dream. You will not need any lucid dreaming techniques if everything goes well.

Think twice if you are willing to commit to it, I know everybody is different but in my case I was not able to quit and experience another non-lucid dream.

LoneDreamer

Re: Just had first intentional full-on paralysis. I remember EVERYTHING. Details ahead.

Postby LoneDreamer » 12 Sep 2017 10:44

Kon wrote::D :D :D , I still cant believe I was able to remember this goldmine of information. I wrote this down in my journal, so heres a copy-paste lol

I dunno if this is a win or a loss but I managed to stay awake and make my body fall asleep completely in the initial "falling asleep" / "shutdown" phase.

I started off with the typical baseline for a lucid dream, staying completely still and not moving anything. This was during the non-REM, initial period of sleep, so even getting to full paralysis was of great difficulty.
I had some pure theta waves and some headphones on as well, which definitely helped.
Within about 5 minutes I get my legs, arms, and lower torso "asleep", as usual, but from here on I would start dozing off and completely miss my chance to successfully pull off the lucid phase. This time, however, was different.

I started 'experimenting' by starting to doze off but keeping myself awake by varying degrees; eventually, after about 20-30 minutes, it hit me.
Theres a transition phase where my body sank itself into a thought (which would've later turned into a dream) automatically and I had to keep my mind awake so that I can intentionally give myself full paralysis, compared to the partial paralysis I already put myself into. Typically this entire process is daily, but happens much more rapidly since it doesn't require focusing on keeping the mind awake.

Before I go any further, I would like to say that my form of partial paralysis was the following parts of my body being asleep:
My legs, arms, lower/mid chest, and ~maybe~ a few bits on my face.
I would consider this my body being about 70% asleep.

Full paralysis would be such.
Chest, arms, legs fully asleep.
Head is also asleep, but about 5% of it is still controllable for me.
Thus, I would consider this being in a 95% paralysis state; I still achieved nearly the same result as if I were to be fully paralyzed.

One thing I noticed is that to get to this full paralysis phase, I had to fall asleep as if I were to normally, but then keep my mind awake simultaneously.. but putting more thought on falling asleep. This is the phase of trickery, and also the experimentation phase where I tested out how much I had to start shutting down and how much I had to keep the intentions in my head. I had to have the thought of going lucid and the thought of keeping my mind awake in the back of my head, but still prevalent enough to remember easily. Hope you're still with me here.
I am theorizing that I kept those two thoughts in my subconscious, while my main conscientious thought was thinking about falling asleep. Maybe in the future this could be aided by some form of meditation.

It's like working against an automated system, like stopping your automatic breathing (not the greatest example), but it takes way more effort. It was difficult, as if I was breaking out of a cage and only had about a 30 second period of time to do it or I would be locked in said cage for a few to several hours. The cage, in this case, would be a non-lucid dream.

I remembered everything I saw as much as I could. I could not remember the thought I was having, but I could tell you that I was able to feel my body start shutting down, I heard a "click", as if someone were to flick a light switch (it sounded more like a spaceship reactor going offline but ill stick to the lightswitch for simplicity), and then my mind started a deep focus on the thought I was having at that time. I started getting overwhelmed by the urge to sleep.

I conclude that this is the exact way an automated, non-lucid dream starts.. and thus, I was able to break out of it. This initial realization, or jump in a way, is very hard to do, but now that my mind knows this is what happens, I think entering a full state of paralysis will be easier in the future. I also hope this assists some of you, or works as a bit of a guide. I am aware that everyone is different.

Regardless, this lead to my body going from partial paralysis to full paralysis. Since this was my first time doing it, I was started to elevate my heartbeat out of excitement.
I was starting to see what most trained people do, such as the shapes and outlines of figures.. however, due to my excitement, my focus was completely off track and I couldn't enter a lucidic state because, honestly, I was way too excited/scared because I knew I was gonna be able to do it. I was optimistic in a way.

I've burned the fact in my mind that you MUST stay calm to progress further, and I managed to calm down to an extent, only for my heartbeat to elevate over and over again. I had to break my mind out of this partial lucid state because I had to control my breathing manually through my nose (no mouth/jaw movement), I figured I would be able to fall back into full paralysis. Unfortunately I started thinking about the saliva in my mouth at that time. There was a lot. The saliva got to me and I had to break out of paralysis to swallow it, which was completely unnecessary; for some reason though the instinct overwhelmed me. I was back to partial paralysis, and thats when I decided to fully wake back up and write all this down.

I consider this experience a slight loss only because of the fact my circadium got thrown off from my lack of sleep. But aside from that, Ive learned a ton of data from this experiment, and I hope that this applies to at least some people, perhaps everybody even. Who knows, maybe Ive just discovered new mechanics that put themselves into place for anybody that heads for a lucid sleep.

Please give me more information down in the comments. I want to know what in the heck happened. In particular, was I too aware? Was I heading straight into a lucid dream, or maybe an AP even? I would love to hear your thoughts.

You are right. Whenever I have tried WILD with WBTB, I remember having woken up from very short non-lucid dreams. Even before I fully fall asleep, I start having small dreams. I have sometimes woken up from it. Also, when did you try this?

Shadowdreamer

Postby Shadowdreamer » 14 Sep 2017 06:02

I had the exact same experience last night, but in my dream a night materialized with dark pinetree tops and a nightsky over them full of stars. I felt sooo relaxed, drifting in and out of sleep. The thrill of it made me lose focus too :roll:
Nemesis beware

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”