Lucid dream right before bed

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Surprisejedi

Lucid dream right before bed

Postby Surprisejedi » 25 Sep 2017 15:54

Is there a technique that allows me to go into a lucid dream state right before I go to bed? Without waking up in the middle of the night, WBTB, or DILD.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid dream right before bed

Postby Sean Jacobs » 25 Sep 2017 21:32

WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) would be your best bet. However, WILD never works for me so I don't have much experience with it and I don't know much about the technique. But I'm sure a quick Google search would get you all the info you need.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Surprisejedi

Postby Surprisejedi » 26 Sep 2017 07:56

Well, out of the 3 times I have tried wild before bed, none of them worked... I went in to what I am told is "REM Atonia".

Shadowdreamer

Postby Shadowdreamer » 13 Oct 2017 20:25

Well you cant do that, because the rem periods starts around 90minutes in, so you have to lay there awake in your mind for maybe 30min to get your body to sleep then 90min more to get to your first short rem period.

Thats 2hours of staying awake.

I would rather try to use the small wakeups you have normally under the nights to try Wild then.
Just try to notice when u wake up to correct your sleeping posture under the night, its the bodys own safety mechanism so your spine doesent take damage for being in the same position for a long time.

I think you wake up around 12 times normaly under a night, just notice it!
Nemesis beware

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”