Why You Haven't Mastered Lucid Dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Juckles

Why You Haven't Mastered Lucid Dreaming

Postby Juckles » 25 Nov 2017 20:16

I see so many people who say they have mastered lucid dreaming and haven't.

So i want to give the definition of mastered.

master - acquire complete knowledge or skill in (an accomplishment, technique, or art).

Mastered is past tense meaning you have accomplished master of a technique art or thing.
I see people say I mastered lucid dreaming because they have lucid dreamed one time or can do it every night they fall asleep,
just because you can lucid dream every night doesn't mean you have mastered lucid dreaming.
To master lucid dreaming you must be proficient in all techniques and even good enough to make your own technique,
there are some sub skills i see people just putting to the side or not even knowing about that are super important.
The main one is visualization being able to morph and control the environment with ease if you get good enough at it you can play multiple chess games with your subconscious and even split you perspective and conscious perspective into multiple parts.
And even mastering that is not even enough you must also be proficient in the knowledge and this where no one can be sure if they have mastered lucid dreaming because if you think you have all of the knowledge needed there could be more out there you just don't know about.

To sum this up we can't be for sure that anyone has mastered lucid dreaming but we can still explore.

goldenrose

Re: Why You Haven't Mastered Lucid Dreaming

Postby goldenrose » 29 Nov 2017 00:13

Couldn't agree more. Lucid dreaming is one of those skills/practices that can never be truly mastered, no matter how experienced you are. There is always something new to learn, so it seems.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 29 Nov 2017 10:21

goldenrose wrote:Couldn't agree more. Lucid dreaming is one of those skills/practices that can never be truly mastered, no matter how experienced you are. There is always something new to learn, so it seems.

Indeed. Its just like the Martial arts,Psychology,or even Sports. You can become a highly competent practitioner,enough so to even be a great teacher of that specific field,but to say you've "mastered" something means that you've learned everything there is to learn about that subject. The human mind(that includes lucid dreaming and Dreams in general)is way too complex for that to ever really happen.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 29 Nov 2017 23:13

I can lucid dream every night, but I cannot say I've learned everything. I am still learning all the time.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”