Writing an essay about lucid dreaming..HELP

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Favorite thing/things about lucid dreaming

eliminates your fears
7%
experience things you otherwise would not be able to (i.e. flying)
29%
carry out sexual fantasies
7%
it is just fun
14%
to escape
14%
reunite with lost loved ones
7%
work on real-life skills
7%
other
14%

Total votes: 14

katelyncampos

Writing an essay about lucid dreaming..HELP

Postby katelyncampos » 28 Nov 2017 02:20

Hi guys, I am writing a type of research essay about lucid dreaming, and I would love to hear some personal stories regarding it. Specifically answering these questions-- Was it easy for you to start? What is the craziest experience you have had lucid dreaming? Have you experienced any of the so-called benefits that come with lucid dreaming? Personally, what is your favorite thing about lucid dreaming?...Any answers you can give me will help me immensely!! Thank you so much! Happy dreaming, Katelyn

Summerlander

Re: Writing an essay about lucid dreaming..HELP

Postby Summerlander » 28 Nov 2017 22:20

I've always had the tendency to lucid dream and had many false awakenings/out-of-body experiences as a kid. But serious practice began about a decade ago and it was productive from the offset---I tend to pay attention to the contents of my mind anyway. There have been many crazy (going by my definition here) sleep experiences, so I will select my most recent which consists of lucid-dream chaining:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18606&p=63298#p63298

There have been noticeable benefits to lucid dreaming in my case, and they fall in the categories mentioned here---my favourite is artistic inspiration:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/the-phase-state.html

I must say that flight and sex are intensely enjoyable activities in lucid dreams, but nothing like those quasi-epiphanic transcendental experiences---especially when a phenomenal stillness akin to meditative states is experienced.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

AmaraDreamer

Re: Writing an essay about lucid dreaming..HELP

Postby AmaraDreamer » 03 Dec 2017 10:47

"So called" benefits? Any conscious experience has consequences. Don't think that dreams are the exception. Experiences people have shape them from childhood, and much more important than genetics. Anything can be improved. Just need to get the conscious in the right state. There are no limits. Literally. Period.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”