dreams within dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jjayebass

dreams within dreams

Postby jjayebass » 02 Aug 2012 21:00

I know I've experienced dreams within dreams a few times in my life, but today I was wondering a few things about it. is it possible to become lucid in a dream within a dream? is it more difficult than normal lucidity? here's a specific situation I came up with when thinking about it: say you become lucid in a normal dream, then decide to go to sleep with the intention of havin another lucid dream, would it be easier or harder to become lucid? or would it be no different than a normal dream? then, if you wake up from the dream within the dream, would you still be lucid in the original dream or would you have to become lucid again? I realize much of this would differ from person to person and situation to situation, and I assume it is possible. I'm just curious whether anyone has experienced this, what the experience was like, and what, if any, obstacles you had to overcome.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Re: dreams within dreams

Postby Peter » 02 Aug 2012 21:29

If you are aware you are dreaming then you are lucid, how this happens how often does not change the fact that you are either lucid or not. Dream within a dream sounds like scene changes and moving in and out of lucidity and I feel it is as simple as that
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 03 Aug 2012 03:24

Peter wrote:If you are aware you are dreaming then you are lucid, how this happens how often does not change the fact that you are either lucid or not. Dream within a dream sounds like scene changes and moving in and out of lucidity and I feel it is as simple as that

Very much agreed.

When people interpret an experience as being a "dream within a dream"... they're usually trying to interpret a quick change of scene.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Aug 2012 08:53

I too have experimented with 'falling asleep within a dream'. But it only changes things and it is no 'deeper'. And when you awaken you awaken in real life, not into another dream. So it really is just a "scene change" isn't it?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 03 Aug 2012 14:17

For me I wake up in the last "dream" I was in... I thought everyone was like that...

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

jjayebass

Postby jjayebass » 03 Aug 2012 19:57

I see, so there's really isn't much sense in calling it a "dream within a dream" then is there? it's just a change in scene which we might perceive as another dream, when actually its still the same one?

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 03 Aug 2012 21:55

jjayebass wrote:I see, so there's really isn't much sense in calling it a "dream within a dream" then is there? it's just a change in scene which we might perceive as another dream, when actually its still the same one?

In my opinion, that's correct.

I feel that the movie "Inception" really messed up this concept with people.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Aug 2012 23:19

I agree.
Inception is a good movie, but has nothing to do with lucid dreaming.
I do like the scene when the guy (leonardo) is talking to the girl and he asks "we seldom remember the start of a dream and how do you know you aren't dreaming right now?" I always forget how it starts, (unless it is a w.i.l.d) BUT I ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW IT ENDS.

Sometimes I have a DILD and I cant recollect what happened before I became aware.

But there is no need to have 'guns' in a dream. Just use your hands, but that is not hollywood enough. :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”