YOUR Lucid Dream Journey

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
isabelb50

YOUR Lucid Dream Journey

Postby isabelb50 » 04 Dec 2017 04:58

Hi everyone,
I've been trying to get a handle on lucid dreaming on and off for 8 years with little success. At this point, I'm very frustrated :evil: , so I'd like to know how others got started. What was your journey? What techniques did you use? How long did it take you to get a handle on it? What were your challenges? What were your successes? I'm particularly interested in the stories of those of us for whom lucid dreaming doesn't come naturally, but all answers are welcome.

Here's some of my experience:
The main 3 techniques that I've focused on are reality checks, meditation, and dream journaling. I've tried MILD and WILD with little success.
My biggest challenges are when to do reality checks and the great paradox of whenever I give up on my lucid dream practices, I have a lucid dream.
Timing reality checks is hard because I spend at least half my time at work, and I don't want to do reality checks because I'm focused on my classes (I'm a swim teacher). And, I've tried doing a reality check every time I walk through a door or something similar, but then it makes me not want to walk through doors. Or I'll go back and forth from room to room five times in a row, and it would be a ridiculous pain in the butt to do a reality check EVERY time.
Some successes include my first breakthrough where I couldn't sleep for 2 hours in the early morning, and when I finally fell asleep, I had an AMAZING lucidish dream.
My plan is to spend a month or two laying down the foundation (RCs, meditation, and dream journaling) while using Claridream Pro. After that, I'll try out different techniques week by week and see which gives me the most success.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

tacocatburp

Re: YOUR Lucid Dream Journey

Postby tacocatburp » 09 Dec 2017 08:25

Dream journal and meditation helped me the most. My lucid dreams and astral experiences initially were side effects of OBE's in the physical world.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”