Falling Asleep in Dreams...?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
promo

Falling Asleep in Dreams...?

Postby promo » 26 Jan 2018 08:01

During many lucid and non lucid dreams, dream characters and myself frequently fall asleep in order to either go deeper into the dream or if the dream world is beginning to end and we have to wake up back into real life.

Several times I've been the last one in the dream world to fall asleep, it's as if night time falls upon the dream world and they all come back to reality and I run around trying to prevent people from falling asleep but the pull back to the real world is to great. The dream characters literally just start laying down all over the world, on the streets, in the stores, really anywhere they were taking action, they don't try to find a bed.

It has also happened the other way around where dream characters have tried to get me to stay in the dream world as long as possible and not fall asleep but I was un able to fight the urge and just pass out back into reality.

The reason I bring this up is because it happens so often I feel like it's a traveling mechanic for the dream states. This has only been perceivable to me since I began having control over my dreams for about 5 years now.

I'm wondering if people have encountered a similar situation?

Go left

Re: Falling Asleep in Dreams...?

Postby Go left » 10 Feb 2018 06:16

Hola Promo,

What your describing sounds really interesting on a lot of levels! I have not experienced ‘falling asleep’ in a lucid dream but I have meditated in a dream which had a similar effect of changing the dreamscape.

I feel like it's a traveling mechanic for the dream states.

I totally agree. This could be a great method for you to experiment with traveling intentionally to a preconceived place. This is what I am trying to do but with a meditation technique.

During many lucid and non lucid dreams, dream characters and myself frequently fall asleep in order to either go deeper into the dream or if the dream world is beginning to end

I find when I change the dreamscape (going deeper) the new dreamscape is accompanied by a higher level of my own awareness and the dream is more solid.

I have a few suggestions of somethings you might like to try

1. I find it helpful to meditate with my dream body’s legs crossed and my hands resting on them. The sensation of my hands on my feet become a good anchor to my dream body as the dream begins to fade into a ‘bardo’ or ‘in between state’ before the next dreamscape is formed. It’s easy to get lost here and I would suggest maybe sleeping in a chair or some other position (in the dream) that you know for sure your physical body isn’t sleeping in. You don’t wanna mistake your real body for your dream body and wake up.

2. Be careful not to associate falling asleep in the dream with a kind of blacking out of falling asleep. Evening the words ‘falling asleep’ implies a loss of consciousness. But try rather to ‘Rise to sleep’ and travel the bridge between states with awareness.

Hope that helps and all the best with it :)

I have a question for you as well if you feel like sharing. How would you describe the transition from one dream to another?
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”