Your journey of lucidity in a nutshell

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidCat

Your journey of lucidity in a nutshell

Postby LucidCat » 29 Jan 2018 20:44

Out of mere curiousity:
I'd like to ask (anybody who wants to share it) for some basic data about their own lucid dreaming journey.
As an example I'll give you my own information:

(25, female, medical professional/artist)
natural lucid dreamer?: Nope.
researching lucidity since: November 2017
first lucid dream in December 2017
estimated lucid dreams so far: 3
quality of lucid dreaming: few seconds of knowing I'm dreaming without having control over the dream or myself
experimenting with: WBTB, MILD, VILD, WILD
most successful technique: I don't know yet.
other procedures: dream journals, reality checks, mindfulness, meditation; (on a more or less regular basis)

Edit: (Yeah!) number of lucid dreams: 4; quality: some minutes of lucid dreaming, I can stabilize it consciously and see things clearly, control myself fairly well (even though I can't fly I can at least jump in a very elegant way). Several False Awakenings afterwards.
Last edited by LucidCat on 03 Feb 2018 09:57, edited 3 times in total.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

naturespirit

Re: Your journey of lucidity in a nutshell

Postby naturespirit » 29 Jan 2018 21:29

Great idea! :D

Natural Lucid Dreamer: No, but I have had a few experiences of lucid dreaming before ‘discovering it’
Researching Lucidity Since: mid-2015
First Lucid Dream: mid-2015
Est Lucid dreams so far: 325
Quality of Lucid Dreaming: Adroit control of the dream scene and ability carry out my experiments with relative ease.
Experimenting with: DILD, WBTB, WILD
Most successful: DILD
Other procedures: dream journalling, reality checking and setting goals.
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

Earn Points!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19752

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 31 Jan 2018 11:08

Natural Lucid Dreamer: No. though I do suspect that I may have had an affinity for it as a child,but life got in the way and I forgot about the significance of dreams altogether till I actively started my LD journey.

Researching Lucidity Since: My journey started on Sept. 1, 2015

First Lucid Dream: Sept. 8, 2015

Estimated number of Lucid dreams so far: Somewhere from 15-20+ (This is why I've now decided to start having 2 journals after I filled up my first dream journal. One is for my lucid dreams,the other is for my ordinary dreams. I highly recommend for other people to start doing this as well. Very convenient for having direct access to your LD stories and keeping count of them. so far I've only put 1 LD there though,but it will definitely start filling up soon.). I definitely would have more if not for my lack for my lack of focus. :lol:

Quality of Lucid Dreaming: Varies due to my inconsistent routine. (hoping to fix that soon.) but nowadays my LD's range from 15 minutes to 2 hours at the very most. I would say that my lucid dream control capabilities are decent so far,but it varies as well.

Experimenting with: Re-starting my LD journey using my bread and butter technique. I'll experiment with other techniques once I'm back to my 4-5 times a week success rate that I achieved in the past. :D

Most successful/Bread and Butter: WBTB + MILD to achieve DILD's. [WILD and DILD's are not really "techniques." they are lucid dream classifications. Techniques are things we do in an effort to achieve either result,such as WBTB(both),MILD(DILD),Anchor(WILD),Butterfly(WILD),etc. sorry,I just felt the need to make that correction. :) ]

Other procedures: Dream journal writing,reality checks(nose pinch),dream incubation,dream sign identification and classification(need to work on this one though,this is the one process I really get lazy at doing. :lol: )

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 31 Jan 2018 22:59

Thanks to everbody who posted already! Those are great insights!
RedKryptonite wrote: Re-starting my LD journey using my bread and butter technique.

That sounds really interesting. By chance - do you have any link to a forum thread where you describe this technique in detail?
Edit: Oh. There is no "bread and butter" technique. That's just an idiom, right? By that you simply mean the WBTB+MILD? Sometimes I wish I was a native speaker - then I'd get these things right away.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 01 Feb 2018 01:34

Yeah,its an idiom. no worries. :lol:

Anyway,good luck with your LD journey! :)

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 01 Feb 2018 12:28

RedKryptonite wrote:Anyway,good luck with your LD journey! :)

Thank you!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”