How did you get into lucid dreaming ?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Shadow

How did you get into lucid dreaming ?

Postby Shadow » 04 Aug 2012 15:09

I wanna know how you guys discovered lucid dreaming, how old you were and how long it took you to have your first ld. I'll go first !

So it was a little bit before my 16th birthday (I'm 16 now) and I had stayed up all night. So I went to bed really tired and woke up in the middle of the night. To my suprise I couldn't move ! Sleep paralysis ! I heard this sinister voice and saw shadows moving on the wall. I was horrified. So later that day I went online to find some answers. I read alot of "supernatural" theories. People talking about demon possesions and old hag syndrome and stuff. I refused to believe any of that because i'm a Christian and I'm covered by the Blood and what not. I finnaly stumbled across this website and read the article on sleep paralysis. It all made sense when I looked at the facts.After I read than one article I was hooked and read like 50 more. That very same night I had my 1st dild :D

Auditore

Re: How did you get into lucid dreaming ?

Postby Auditore » 04 Aug 2012 15:19

Interesting story.
I'm 17 , and my first lucid dream I had in January of this year. It was naturally, back then I had no idea about lucid dreaming...so I wasn't practicing any of these methods I am currently doing.
I just waked up in my dream , and the second day I remembered how real it felt,about everything and after that , I was very interested about this, so I discovered this site...and the forum, a few days ago. :mrgreen:

casey

Postby casey » 04 Aug 2012 15:35

When i was 14 (im 15 now) i was watching the show american dad and one of the characters was doing lucid dreams. It really interested me so i looked it up and read about it for weeks. I couldnt believe the things i read so I decided i would try it. It took me about a month to get my first LD probally because i used to smoked marijuana every night. After i had my first i had to have more and now i get 1 to 3 LDs a week.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Aug 2012 17:05

Great question!

I read an article about it in an airline magazine during a flight. I was intrigued by the idea but thought it would be too difficult, time consuming and also would require wearing one of those masks you wear at night. I wanted to do it, but only made small efforts over the next 2 years. Finally I got serious and focused on doing it. After around 6 months of on-and-off effort, I had my first LD. Although it's only been 8 months since then, the experiences have been life changing. Wish I started earlier!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 04 Aug 2012 17:11

lucidinthe sky wrote:Although it's only been 8 months since then, the experiences have been life changing. Wish I started earlier!
Ya definitely! It opens up so many doors. Meditation, psychology, speaking to your subconscious, tons of stuff ! Now I'm just fascinated with the human mind and brain and how we can create whole worlds in our head.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 04 Aug 2012 18:50

I discovered lucid dreaming at about mid march of this year.
I'm 17
For years I've been wanting to figure out how to control my dreams to have action-packed fantasy adventures. I usually google searched one web page with about 10 instructions and thats it. Eventually I'd forget I was trying to control my dreams due to loss of interest. Then this year, I got into the game Prototype and thought "Man I wish I could have all the powers and weapons of my favorite video games" Then I remembered dream control and thought "This time I'll go all over the internet to get all the dreams I want" and so I looked at different pages and I found Lucid dreaming on a DEILD instructions page. but DEILD was too hard so I moved on to looking for Lucid dream instructions. Eventually I found this website and stayed on it because of all the info it has.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 04 Aug 2012 19:16

Ya to run up buildings and shift like alex mercer would be epic. Cool !

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 04 Aug 2012 22:06

I was researching synaesthesia on the internet, having recently self diagnosed myself with it last year. I stumbled across it's links with lucid dreaming, and then began to research dreams themselves. That's where it all began for me :)
Dreaming is my drug

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Aug 2012 01:41

I've been projecting for as long as I can remember.

As a child, I always had dreams where I was myself... and I knew I was "dreaming".
I could fly, and do other neat things. It's just something I've always done.

It's funny that back when I was a child my "flying" was mostly just superman leaps. It's slowly progressed from that to me flapping my arms to stay in the air... to what it is now, which I just take off and fly like one would assume one to. LoL

Anyway, back when I was just finishing high school I came upon meditation and I started practicing it. Then, one day I came upon astral projection... I made the links between my dreaming experiences. It took me quite a while and many experiences before I made the connection between dreaming, lucid dreaming and astral projection/obes.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 05 Aug 2012 02:26

Thats cool ryan. So did lucid dreaming and meditation come easy for you since basically you've been doing it since you were a kid ?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”