More observations about dreaming of lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

More observations about dreaming of lucid dreams

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Aug 2012 16:51

Since there are so many people asking about this, I am posting my observations based on experiences. This is already posted as a reply to another post, but I feel it's worthwhile for anyone interested.

Dreams about lucid dreams really don't have conscious waking life awareness, they are just dreams about the subject. They come from the desire to be lucid. Sometimes they are pretty good fakes, but if you compare them to the real thing, you know the difference. Some are much more obvious than others. I had one again last night. The only thing I remember was doing RCs and how the results kept changing randomly. There was no lucidity at all, it was easy to tell it was not a real LD.

For me the real LDs are exactly like waking life, touchable, 3D virtual reality world, but they also include waking reality awareness which is very separate from the dream and allows the ability to evaluate the surroundings during the dream while making conscious choices. My memories after I wake include memories of what choices I made and my evaluation of the dream which is like remembering a waking life experience. Regular dreams are only evaluated from memories of the dream after waking. Lucid dreams contain thoughts like "This is very interesting looking, I think I'll touch it and see how it feels or "How am I going to deal with this?" or "What should I say to this dream character? Am I sure that this is a dream? I'd like to wake up now." etc. The thoughts in real LDs involve conscious choices that produce separate memories. My dreams of lucid dreaming don't have these, they are very easy to remember in detail after waking. My memories of real LDs have 2 parts, 1. the memory of the dream. 2. the memory of being lucid. They are two very different kinds of memories. It's like the difference between a memory of watching something on a movie screen and a memory of actually doing it. The dreams about lucid dreaming only have one kind of memory and it fades much faster than the memory of being lucid. Hope that helps.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”