MY FIRST LD!!!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tophergdavis

MY FIRST LD!!!!

Postby tophergdavis » 09 Aug 2012 14:21

After five weeks, I finally experienced my first LD, although it only lasted an instant. I was doing some visualization exercises before bed. I'm not sure if I was still awake at this point or if I had fallen asleep and was dreaming about visualizations when I transitioned from viewing my hypnogogia in bed to standing on a cool but sunny beach holding my one year old daughter. The change was so abrupt and sensation of knowing that I had to be dreaming because I was just laying in bed a moment ago was so starting, I woke up after an instant. However short, I know I've never experienced anything like it before and will not soon forget it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jack Reacher

Re: MY FIRST LD!!!!

Postby Jack Reacher » 11 Aug 2012 01:18

Congratz, its quite a rush isnt it, when you realise you are dreaming.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Aug 2012 01:50

when the transition happens like that it is so easy and so natural but capturing it consistantly is so hard.

Congrats anyway and keep at it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 11 Aug 2012 04:39

Thanks Guys!

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 15 Aug 2012 02:10

You cant really appreciate the power of LDs unless you've experienced one, can you? We have had other threads about trying to get others interested in it. You will in general find apathy from those you try to share your experience with. Only another LDer will understand, sadly.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Aug 2012 07:37

No not sad as its for those that make the effort and each of us uses or interacts with what we find in our own way. So not good or bad - just how it is
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”