When was your first Lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidDrEameR33

When was your first Lucid dream?

Postby LucidDrEameR33 » 12 Aug 2012 21:06

The day you found out about Lucid dreaming then decided to try it how long did it take for you to actually have a lucid dream?

Ryan

Re: When was your first Lucid dream?

Postby Ryan » 13 Aug 2012 01:12

I have been having lucid/astral awareness experiences for as long as I can remember.
But there was a point when I realized that what I was experiencing as a lucid/astral awareness experience.

I guess your particular question is kinda redundant though for me as I was having the experience for many years before I determined what it actually was.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Denmonation

Postby Denmonation » 13 Aug 2012 06:03

It took me about 3 months. Then about another 3 months after that for my second LD. I think I'm on the slower end of the scale--I hear lots of stories about people getting their first LD in just a couple weeks. It really is different from everyone.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 14 Aug 2012 00:45

Denmonation wrote:It took me about 3 months. Then about another 3 months after that for my second LD. I think I'm on the slower end of the scale--I hear lots of stories about people getting their first LD in just a couple weeks. It really is different from everyone.

Honestly, there is no scale. There's no "slower end", there's no "faster end".

There is just "you".
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Aug 2012 05:58

Denmonation wrote:It took me about 3 months. Then about another 3 months after that for my second LD. I think I'm on the slower end of the scale--

That's the same amount of time it took me to have my first so ,maybe I'm slow too. Actually, I think we are really average which of course is always more likely.

I found out about lucid dreamimng 2 years before I actually did it, only got serious recently.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 14 Aug 2012 11:59

Took me a week and 4 days later after i first found out about lucid dreaming and it was triggered into lucidity simply by saying, "i'm i dreaming?" and everything zooming into focus. I was in a bed in a room observing something and it seemed i had clairvoyant vision. I was also floating everywhere. I was saying it so many times in the day before i went to bed that the habit just carried on into the dream :P . I stuck to the WBTB method. The 2nd time was 13 days later through recognizing a dream symbol. i was having so many problems recognizing it before but self hypnosis helped. I just followed my own intuition for the most part and other times did research on what to do if things weren't panning out how i wanted/expected. Didn't even think it would work but when you're home on holidays from uni and not having a proper job and you have all this time and chance to do these things and explore your subconscious before you go back, you put the time and dedication in and whoa-la! results! I find altered states of consciousness wayyy more interesting than this one! Everyone is more than capable. We have these abilities naturally. I didn't even think i was capable..i honestly thought lucid dreaming was for "special psychic people" before i knew this much about it, then it happened. I mean we're all psychic as well..we must be if we can explore our psyches. I now also know lucid dream is seen as a scientific phenomenon, researched upon and experienced by many people
"A 2009 study done at the Neurological Laboratory in Frankfurt, Germany showed lucid dreamers producing an even higher brain wave entirely: The Gamma wave! These dreamers were measured at 40 Hz, a frequency much higher than both normal dreaming and normal waking consciousness! These brain waves refer to a higher state of being." (taken from http://dream-guide.tumblr.com/post/11342533689/lucid-brain-waves) WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT LUCID DREAMS??? :mrgreen: \m/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”