false awakening

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
erichsa

false awakening

Postby erichsa » 17 Aug 2012 19:10

In a false awakening do you wake up in bed or can you realize at a stage that you have been dreaming to that point, and wake up being not in bed,but up and about? I got up this Morning did what I do most mornings, I thought it not odd that I seem to do my cooking via the laptop, i must check on the laptop how to do things. I did do it as I thought I always do.In the Kitchen I saw plates with food I don't eat in the morning,that actualy made think as I had Breakfast already and remember eating it. I remembered what I always have for breakfast, that made me click and I was awake but not in bed, just standing and thinking,that I had a False Awakening, but at no time did I think I was Dreaming. I am not a lucid dreamer yet but have good and positive clear dreams, i just up to now never realize that I am dreaming. I will get lucid once I am going to stumble and fall over my reality checks and affirmation during dreaming.

Lekker Dreams

Ryan

Re: false awakening

Postby Ryan » 17 Aug 2012 22:40

Simply put, if you wake up and do stuff... then you REALLY wake up, what you experienced was a false awakening. It's when you THINK you've waken up into the physical and yet you really haven't.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 18 Aug 2012 04:15

Ryan wrote:Simply put, if you wake up and do stuff... then you REALLY wake up, what you experienced was a false awakening. It's when you THINK you've waken up into the physical and yet you really haven't.

it does not answer my question. i got up did do my morning things, bathroom, eating, on the laptop,reading and doing this and that. only much later it came to me that i was dreaming,and woke up,and not in bed but walking in in my flat. I have read by now Rebecca's article on false awakening,and understand that i am not in bed (which i was not) but i would call it: Dream Walking. i am begining slowly to understand that i do normal things mixed with not so normal, and that is called, False Awakening.
it is now 5:11am in germany, i just had a long flying dream, will now go for the next dream.

joyfull dreamig :)

croonerkid01

Postby croonerkid01 » 19 Aug 2012 06:16

This happened to me this morning but i didn't get up or start cooking or anything, but i got up walk to my bedroom door and then woke up in my bed so i thought i must of been dreaming. So then i got up and open my door again and then woke up once again in my bed this repeated 4 more times after that i just gave up to be honest it was quite scary it was like i was trapped in my room but luckily my mum woke me up haha. I think it might have been because i had a lucid dream last night and i went to sleep quite late so my body must have been tired so even though im thinking of getting up my body refused to.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Aug 2012 07:52

erichsa wrote:it does not answer my question. i got up did do my morning things, bathroom, eating, on the laptop,reading and doing this and that. only much later it came to me that i was dreaming,and woke up,and not in bed but walking in in my flat. I have read by now Rebecca's article on false awakening,and understand that i am not in bed (which i was not) but i would call it: Dream Walking. i am begining slowly to understand that i do normal things mixed with not so normal, and that is called, False Awakening.
it is now 5:11am in germany, i just had a long flying dream, will now go for the next dream.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say.
You "woke up", did a bunch of stuff... then REALLY woke up? Yes, that's a false awakening.
I'm unclear exactly what you're asking if my previous post didn't answer your question if you were having false awakening or not?

Quite simply, you never asked a question in your original post. And even in your follow up, I see no question.

croonerkid01 wrote:This happened to me this morning but i didn't get up or start cooking or anything, but i got up walk to my bedroom door and then woke up in my bed so i thought i must of been dreaming. So then i got up and open my door again and then woke up once again in my bed this repeated 4 more times after that i just gave up to be honest it was quite scary it was like i was trapped in my room but luckily my mum woke me up haha. I think it might have been because i had a lucid dream last night and i went to sleep quite late so my body must have been tired so even though im thinking of getting up my body refused to.

Yup, that's a classic false awakening. :)
It can get kinda trippy.

I woke up once after having a really great Projection... I grabbed my journal and jotted down some notes of it and went back to sleep. I woke up in the morning only to find that I hadn't written anything down and the act of writing down the notes was a false awakening. THAT was frustrating, cause it was a really nice experience, yet I couldn't remember any of it! LoL
Or join my forums!

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 19 Aug 2012 09:08

Ryan wrote:
erichsa wrote:it does not answer my question. i got up did do my morning things, bathroom, eating, on the laptop,reading and doing this and that. only much later it came to me that i was dreaming,and woke up,and not in bed but walking in in my flat. I have read by now Rebecca's article on false awakening,and understand that i am not in bed (which i was not) but i would call it: Dream Walking. i am begining slowly to understand that i do normal things mixed with not so normal, and that is called, False Awakening.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say.
You "woke up", did a bunch of stuff... then REALLY woke up? Yes, that's a false awakening.
I'm unclear exactly what you're asking if my previous post didn't answer your question if you were having false awakening or not?

Quite simply, you never asked a question in your original post. And even in your follow up, I see no question.

OK the question is: when i woke up i was not in bed,but ´doings things in the flat,und everything was normal again. is that a false awakening? as i understand it i should wake up in bed and realize that i was dreaming, but why was i not in bed? could it have been an out of body? my reply to your first letter was not ment as a question,but this one is :)

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Aug 2012 17:01

Well, a false awakening is ANYTIME you think you've woken up, but really haven't.

We can say that it *generally* occurs in your bedroom, because that's the usual location which people realize it, but I've had false awakenings in many different places.

Once, I "woke up" and I was riding my bike down a busy road... I thought I was completely awake and enjoying a nice bike ride into work, but then I woke up in my bed realized I was still dreaming. That's a false awakening too.

So yes, what you experienced was definitely a false awakening... it's not defined by "where" you are. It's defined by "if you think you're awake, but really aren't". :)
Or join my forums!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”