Googling in a dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Googling in a dream

Postby ShadowStar889 » 26 Aug 2012 22:54

Anyone else tried this? I thought it was pretty cool. :D
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

Re: Googling in a dream

Postby Lavendula » 27 Aug 2012 10:29

The other night, I wasn't sure whether or not I was dreaming so I went to the computer and googled "Am I dreaming?" and the related results all had my name in it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

Postby fistania » 02 Sep 2012 15:08

wow that's cool, doing reality check with google.
i haven't, have you try it ShadowStar889?

Postby HAGART » 09 Sep 2012 18:24

I never googled in a dream, but a few times I have dreamed that I was here on this website reading and writing posts as I am right now. (Pause for reality check.... I could be sleep-typing..... No, this is real.)

I have never used a computer in a lucid dream. I saw one once, but the words were in Japanese. Using a computer would be an interesting way to communicate with your subconscious. Look yourself up on wikipedia and see what it says. It would be kinda like seeing yourself in a lucid-dream-mirror visually, but in words.... (if you can read them....)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby alppdcjr12 » 11 Sep 2012 23:08

Yes, I've actually done that exact thing! Only, I realized I was dreaming because the keys were messed up. In any case, computers/technology can be really cool tools in lucid dreams because they can convince us of things that we didn't believe were possible before--I've heard of things with buttons and important-looking screens have been used to teleport and fly. It's like a shortcut to total dream control--it's still you doing it, but you're giving yourself more reasons to believe in it.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”