My first LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sander

My first LD?

Postby Sander » 30 Aug 2012 10:54

Hi,

I think i might have had my first LD. I'm not sure about it, since it was my first one and there are some things that make me have doubts about it being a genuine LD or just a dream about being lucid.

I was actually going for the 90 minute technique to boost my dream recall. My alarm went off after 4.5 hours of sleep, but i had no recollection of any dream. I decided to continue, set my alarm 90 minutes later and observe any hypnagogia that might appear while falling asleep again. I remember seeing flickering stars while lying in bed. Realizing that this might be the hypnagogic state, i focused on them and observed them. Suddenly i felt an intensifying sensation, followed by what felt like being thrown out of my body. Suddenly i was in my garden. I realized that i was in a LD and started to try some things. I tried to fly, which worked after 2 tries, tried to run extremely fast, also worked after 2 times. When i failed at something, i reassured myself that this is a dream and that anything is possible when i genuinely believe that it's possible. I also tried to ask a question to my subconcious. Don't know why, but i asked "why am i here?". For some reason i didn't think of any other question to ask. I got no response, though, even after 2 tries.

After this, my LD started looking more and more like a normal dream, where i'm just going along with the "story" that's going on at the time. But at some point, after a dissapointment in the dream, i just said "i'm going to fly some more" and flew off again. Tried to fly at supersonic speed, also worked after the second time and i rocketed through the universe, satellites and planets passing by. Short after the amazing boost of speed, i automatically slowed down and found myself in a miniature version of the universe, with planets the size of big balloons around me. Then i woke up.

So yeah, this sounds like a LD right...? I've read that everything you see on a LD is supposed to be extremely lifelike and colorful, but i didn't notice anything of that. I'm having some doubts if this really was a LD.

Please tell me that i've had my first LD :)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

SarahDank

Re: My first LD?

Postby SarahDank » 31 Aug 2012 10:06

You have had your First Lucid Dream!!!
Congrats!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kal

Postby Kal » 31 Aug 2012 10:08

Certainly sounds like a lucid dream to me! :D

I'm sure not everyone's lucid dreams are the same. What's important is that you realized you were dreaming. And you took control, too. Well done!

Sander

Postby Sander » 31 Aug 2012 10:27

thank you :)

I think that i actually did a WILD without even trying to do that. This is kind of a big deal for a noob like me :shock:

it felt very much like a normal dream, though. And i think that at some point i did lose lucidity for a while. Maybe i should try to enhance my lucidity next time, by doing a RC, rubbing my hands together or examine my surroundings thouroughly first.

Can't wait for my next LD :mrgreen:
Free Your Mind.

NAIAD

Postby NAIAD » 31 Aug 2012 19:10

Sander wrote:thank you :)

I think that i actually did a WILD without even trying to do that. This is kind of a big deal for a noob like me :shock:

it felt very much like a normal dream, though. And i think that at some point i did lose lucidity for a while. Maybe i should try to enhance my lucidity next time, by doing a RC, rubbing my hands together or examine my surroundings thouroughly first.

Can't wait for my next LD :mrgreen:

Well done Sander, still waiting for my first one

Sander

Postby Sander » 01 Sep 2012 09:08

took me a month and a half. How have you been trying so far?

Just keep trying :)
Free Your Mind.

NAIAD

Postby NAIAD » 01 Sep 2012 10:27

Sander wrote:took me a month and a half. How have you been trying so far?

Just keep trying :)

I've been properly recording my dreams since 24th July, and it is now 1st of September, so just over a month. But I haven't been meditating and actually making reality checks meaningful all that time, those came more recently.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”