Muscle Fatigue in a Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Muscle Fatigue in a Lucid Dream

Postby HAGART » 01 Sep 2012 21:43

Sometimes in a lucid dream when I am being active I feel my muscles getting tired.

For example: I will be climbing a tree and feel my muscles ache as if I am doing extraneous exercise in real life and it is hard to continue.

SO,
MUSCLE FATIGUE IN A LUCID DREAM: Has this ever happened to you?
(and the problem is, I wake up and I am still an out of shape slob! :lol: )

(In fact maybe that's it. I am so lazy that lucid dreaming is even taxing to my dream body!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Muscle Fatigue in a Lucid Dream

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Sep 2012 02:59

I had a recent lucid dream where I was climbing these stone staircases, one after another. I was so exhausted at the end that I actually fell asleep in the dream and it felt just like I was falling asleep. Everything went dark in the dream and then I woke up! Very strange.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Sep 2012 05:01

I ride a bike and run a lot in lucid dreams, its sometimes hard in the dream but dont think it affects the body to much.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 04 Sep 2012 05:22

It wasnt lucid, but once in a normal dream towards the end I started carrying a suitcase and started lugging it around, it got heavier and heavier. I woke up to find I was sleeping on my arm, so that was probably why
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Sep 2012 17:07

Jack Reacher wrote:I woke up to find I was sleeping on my arm, so that was probably why

I use to sleep on a couch sometimes, (NO I WASN'T KICKED OUT OF MY WIFE'S BED), I'm just a lazy bachelor... But I didn't quite fit in it and my legs would hang over the armrest and it would hurt my knees. As a result, in a few of my lucid dreams while sleeping there, I had trouble walking and had pain in my knees.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 06 Sep 2012 22:23

I once had a normal dream where I was on a freeway running about 70 mph easily and as I would start to feel some fatigue I get when running in gym class, but when I woke up I didnt feel any of it. Probably cause before I woke up I stopped running.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Legended

Postby Legended » 09 Sep 2012 01:29

I feel fatigue at times during sleep. Usually when running away from something. Or When I fight in a dream my punches seem to go really slow. I think it's more of a mental thing cause I remember having trouble running one time in a dream and I flipped perspective and began to run twice as fast.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 11 Sep 2012 23:14

I agree with Legended, it's mainly a mental thing, though I've had the couch-knee pains myself. Though, if you are out of shape then it could be possible your body is telling you something.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”