Is Lucid Dreaming Just The first Step?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Tarpaulin

Re: Is Lucid Dreaming Just The first Step?

Postby Tarpaulin » 06 Sep 2012 14:25

Hi Ryan.

Would you care to share the way in which your reality has changed since you started asking this question? No sweat if you prefer to keep it personal.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Sep 2012 06:11

Could it be that we are not "lucid" and that waking reality is very much different to what we unquestionably accept?

For me the linking of the two worlds is in how much I feel a part of the worlds. If I feel I am having one of those lucid days everthing flows and there is a simple pleasure and ease of decision making in all aspects of my life. It just flows and there is a sense of detachment but at the same time an immersion in some nice energy that makes me feel connected to whatever is around me.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 08 Sep 2012 20:56

Tarpaulin wrote:Hi Ryan.

Would you care to share the way in which your reality has changed since you started asking this question? No sweat if you prefer to keep it personal.

I would absolutely LOVE to... if I could put it into words which could be easily understood. LoL

Although, I'll try...
My perspective on life has changed completely. How I look at other people has changed completely. Questions I've had all my life now have answers... they're personal truth answers, but they're answers that I could never find before. The only real answer is just that, the personal truth answer.

Ok wow... that was a really bad explanation. ROFL
But yeah, as I said, it's not something I can really put into words... I'm not going to tell you that I've found enlightenment or something, I don't even know what enlightenment is... but if I was to describe my shift in perspective, I'd say that it's a complete shift in how I see the world and my place in it.

Ok, perhap that was a bit better. LoL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Sep 2012 23:35

Tarpaulin wrote:So.....all possibilities exist simultaneously either as possibilities or as alternate universes. Our consciousness is moving between these possibilities/alternates and through movement is creating an impression of linear time and cause/effect progression.

It's like a movie - a movie is actually a series of still shots and it's just the rapid movement from one to another which gives the illusion of continuity.

I would love to slow a dream down so it could be viewed frame by frame. Everything always to appears to have this vibrational glow and very slightly transparent quality to it, but only when you look closely which usually occurs during my lucid dreams.

When we are dreaming, maybe we are selecting the events from all possiblities. I've noticed that things in the distance are less defined and seem more stable, less of the rapid vibration. But things up close and especially things with a lot of detail are in almost a constant state of flux. Maybe they are being updated faster, just throwing out guesses at this point but I love to think about it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Sep 2012 02:50

That might be what daily life is like, slowed down to create a sense of flow and the dream state we are interacting at the correct speed. And for all this everything in the dream is solid or fluid depending on your intent and ablility.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Sep 2012 01:59

Peter wrote:That might be what daily life is like, slowed down to create a sense of flow and the dream state we are interacting at the correct speed. And for all this everything in the dream is solid or fluid depending on your intent and ablility.

I actually had a theory about that...

I never did get an answer from anyone, but I asked some people about the correlation between how fast our eyes move during REM sleep and how long a particular REM cycle lasts.

You might be able to ascertain my hypothesis from the above statement.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Sep 2012 11:32

its late at night in another hotel so I am going to have to think about this and come back

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 10 Sep 2012 23:38

I believe that is definitely the case; the practice of Tibetan dream yoga is meant to spread awareness into the mind first but ultimately to develop a mindset that will help people attain spiritual enlightenment. I have read that the Buddhist idea of enlightenment refers to the awakening of the non-mechanical parts of the mind--meaning those that are there as an accidental side effect of evolution so to speak; because their structure keeps the brain in a shape that activates the portions necessary for our survival and not because they are directly used. Activating parts of the mind that simply exist, not just for carrying out the cause and effect perpetuated by our DNA, would be equivalent to experiencing a reality that is so much greater and less confined than the one we experience that it would be comparable to waking up from sleep, to ceasing to dream and experience the true nature of the world. This may not be anatomically accurate, but it's the way I theorize of it and a lot of my motivation for attaining lucidity and other spiritual progress.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”