Second time losing lucidity after false awakening

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Second time losing lucidity after false awakening

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Sep 2012 18:30

I had another very real lucid dream last night (only one week after the most recent one) It ended in a false awakening, and for the second time I lost lucidity after thinking I was awake. Then back into other dreams from there.

The first time it happened last week, I woke up right after the false awakening so it just felt more like a normal lucid dream. But this time woke up and it was like "Hey wait a minute, I had a lucid dream last night." Had all of the waking life memories associated with lucid dreams and the mental notes about how real everything felt when touched so it was a real lucid dream.

Normally I wake right up from lucidity, but this time there was non-lucid dreams in between being lucid and waking up. This is the second time now, hope this isn't going to be the norm.

Anyone else have these?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Second time losing lucidity after false awakening

Postby Peter » 18 Sep 2012 20:07

Yes, I used to get the same issue with a FA but have not had one for a long time and some nights I will go from lucid to dreaming to lucid many times.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Sep 2012 21:20

Just had it last night in a long chain of dreams, I think I had 2 false awakening, the first I realised was a FA so I was lucid, I tried flying. The second I thought there is no way this is a dream I just had 2 in a row and walked around my room, I was considering trying to fly but I was too afraid I would die, I think I need to stop thinking about flying as soon as I get into an LD lol, if I did an easy risk free reality check instead I would have had much different results.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

alppdcjr12

Postby alppdcjr12 » 21 Sep 2012 18:31

Yeah, that used to happen to me all the time. It's partially a sign you're making progress-your mind is focused on the line between dreaming and being awake, and you got lucid to begin with, so kudos. Just to a reality check every time you wake up and that won't be a problem anymore.
"Life is that which dreams are made on, and is rounded by a sleep."
-Prospero, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
Check out my lucid dreaming blog: www.rememberawake.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”