Weird Dream Habits

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
bene2391

Weird Dream Habits

Postby bene2391 » 22 Sep 2012 03:59

Hi everyone. I'm new and have a few questions about lucid dreaming.

1) Three or Four Times now i have realized I was dreaming while I was dreaming, but not achieved any lucidity. My dream has just continued as normal. I don't know why I can't become lucid, except for maybe I'm remembering that I realized that I was in a dream if that make any sense.

2) When I wake up in the morning I am hit with the memories of about four of five dreams at once; nothing is progressive or anything. It doesn't seem like I am having a dream, it seem like I've had a dream.

Sorry for any confusion, I am not the best at explaining things, and thank you for any response.

Psychosanity

Re: Weird Dream Habits

Postby Psychosanity » 22 Sep 2012 12:10

Well, not sure what you're asking. There are technically no questions in there. :mrgreen:

As far as gaining lucidity, how long have you been trying to learn to do it? Are you keeping a dream journal? Doing daily reality checks? Have you learned all you can about the subject?

As far as the second part, sounds like you wish your dream recall were better. Best way to improve it is the dream journal. Every day, remember as much as you can, write it all down. Read and re-read it. You are making sure your brain knows that you are paying attention to your dreams. After a while of doing this relentlessly, EVERY DAY, your dream recall will improve.

Hope this helps.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

bene2391

Postby bene2391 » 22 Sep 2012 18:12

This time I will try to phrase my thoughts in the form of a question, and make myself a little more understandable.

I have realized that I am dreaming during a dream, but I can't seem to have that Eureka! moment. Why?

And to answer your questions, yes, I have been keeping a dream journal for about a month, and I am recording on average three dreams each night. I perform six or more reality checks each day, but still have not had a DILD. I try to think i depth about what I am doing when I perform a reality check, but It doesn't seem to have any effect on my dreams.

Edit: I record my dreams in present tense, and read over them once or twice a week.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Sep 2012 20:00

I had lucid dreams like that too where I know it's a dream but don't fully stop and say, "hold the phone! I don't have to go along with this scenario". One time I was lost trying to find my way home, one of those journey dreams where you never end up getting to where you want to be. I still continued for a bit before I realized, there IS no destination! I don't have to care about this and all the people don't matter either. Then I took control of my own actions and could choose what to do. That force that was driving me through the dream was gone and I was now free to roam. It was like I had been in a stooper and only semi aware or lucid.

If that ever happens and you kinda think your dreaming. STOP EVERYTHING and make sure.

(Just last night I had a dream in which I felt like I was sleepwalking or hallucinating. I knew it wasn't real, but never had that eurika moment. I just assumed I was on drugs. It seemed so logical at the time.....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 22 Sep 2012 22:39

HAGART wrote:I had lucid dreams like that too where I know it's a dream but don't fully stop and say, "hold the phone! I don't have to go along with this scenario".

I get this a lot too. It takes a fair bit of mental power to force yourself to take control.
Dreaming is my drug

bene2391

Postby bene2391 » 23 Sep 2012 02:03

The only problem is that I am not sure I am thinking while I dream. I may be assuming that I'm in a dream, while in the waking state. How can I tell whether I'm in an actual dream, or if I am just in the waking state remembering a dream I have already had?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”