Physical Intimacy in Lucid Dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
arya16mm

Physical Intimacy in Lucid Dreaming

Postby arya16mm » 25 Sep 2012 01:45

Hi,

This may seem like quite the silly question, but it is something I've been wondering about for quite a while now, and it has hindered me from being able to explore my abilities. It may even be an amateur question, but I have been unable to find an answer for it online.

I was wondering, as I have come very close many times, if I have sex in a lucid dream, will it have any physical effects on my body? I'm still a physical virgin (hymen and all), and I would prefer keeping it that way in real life as I have restrictions. But I wonder if it is alright to explore it in the dream world and actually have sex without any consequences?

I am quite serious so I really would appreciate serious answers.

bene2391

Re: Physical Intimacy in Lucid Dreaming

Postby bene2391 » 25 Sep 2012 02:52

Last edited by bene2391 on 03 Oct 2012 03:04, edited 1 time in total.

willlem

Postby willlem » 25 Sep 2012 19:26

Do i understand correctly that you fear losing virginity or related experiences through lucid dreaming intercourse?

If that's the case I assure you won't lose it. At best, you might get an orgasm or relevant feelings.

Clear your mind :)

arya16mm

Postby arya16mm » 27 Sep 2012 00:14

willlem wrote:Do i understand correctly that you fear losing virginity or related experiences through lucid dreaming intercourse?

You did indeed understand correctly. I know it's a childish question, I'm actually 18. XD But I come from a strict Asian family and all that, so it would be really chaotic. XD

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2012 21:45

bene2391 wrote:I would think not. It is typical for teenagers going through puberty to have these types of dreams naturaly every so often, and if the dream were to physically affect you, I would assume you would have to know the actual physical sensation first.

Actually, this isn't necessarily true. First, the lucid dream state is a hybrid state of mind that combines both REM sleep and a high level of consciousness. But the state itself is unique on its own in the sense that you are not really dreaming in the ordinary way that most people think... and it is not the waking state either.

In terms of brain states, the lucid dream state has its own signature: Gamma bandwidth of brain activity (around 40Hz) - superior to ordinary dream states where lucidity is absent. PET scans investigate brain activity much more precisely than previous technology and hence the reason why Stephen LaBerge's research has been upgraded.

This state of consciousness does not equate with teenage 'wet dreams' in anyway (bearing in mind that such wet dreams don't always have to do with sexual fantasies and have more to do with physiological development than anything else).

Lucid dreaming is different. It can have noticeable effects on the body. LaBerge conducted some tests regarding this and reported changes in the brain as well as a slight heart rate increase and sweat. The effects can vary depending on the individual.

From experience (me being male), I can report the following which is a WILD (some would call it an OOBE because I apparently floated out of my body to consciously enter the dream world) excerpt from my journal:

"Then, the more I stared at the words, the more they changed. I saw hieroglyphics and complex tribal symbols of some sort. they kept changing until they disappeared. I left the room to go back to mine and see if it was still the same as when I had left it. It appeared to be the same and my wife was there, asleep. I noticed that the bed frame was made of wood instead of metal and the bed's length was slightly greater than in actuality. I had the crazy idea of stretching the bed even more with my bare hands, a preliminary action for what I was about to do to Stacey... and it worked! Stretching the bed was like easily stretching something made of plasticine. I now had enough bed surface for a jolly roll-around with my wife who was up, semi-naked and ready.

What followed is perhaps a little crude to be described here in detail but I will attempt to capture the beauty of it instead. There was a lot of jumping in bed as my wife held onto me. Movement would slow down when I wished to capture the intensity of particular moments. Because of this, I was able to reach orgasm... and it lasted as moon-like gravity took over and I wowed the lucid sight of reflectively luminescent crystalline droplets erupting from my sex in slow motion to fall majestically on the bed. I still tried to have sexual intercourse with Stacey after that but I fumbled as all of a sudden I had clothes on and eventually the lucid dream collapsed..."

Upon awakening, my head was buzzing with excitement. I felt like I'd just had an orgasm. The heart was beating a little faster than usual but not acutely and certainly not dangerously. No sweat or semen either. Naturally, I had an erection.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Sep 2012 22:25

You most likely did, have a search around as I think there is a difference between orgasm and ejaculation and they are two separate events. One is internal and concerns feelings and the other is not and leaves its mark: D
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Lynne

Postby Lynne » 01 Oct 2012 04:31

I wouldn't worry about having sex in my dreams if I were you. I am also a physical virgin, and I have had plenty of sex in my dreams. I actually had my first orgasm ever from a dream. But I never experience and orgasm from a dream since then.

It think it's healthy. You can actually learn things in your dream before you do them in real life. It's amazing how much can be learned from a lucid dream, because it's like having a double life! Or many lives at once! I have even been a male in my dream before and had sex with woman! It's just a part of learning. A part of spirituality. Nothing to worry about.

Your body will stay sacred. Your soul will stay sacred.

willlem

Postby willlem » 01 Oct 2012 18:54

what have you learned being a male in your dream?

Lynne

Postby Lynne » 03 Oct 2012 06:53

To be honest when I was a male I felt more powerful and liberated. Lol I like having the strength to be so independent, the protector. I liked having more control. I kind of saw a males point of view a little better. lol It was interesting.

But in my dreams, as a male, I didn't really view the woman as much in an emotional sense, as I did a sexual sense. I couldn't help it. I just felt like they were cute, sexy woman to be mine. And when I was done I was done. LOL! That's awful. In real life I am a virgin and I would stay away from guys like that.

But in my dream as a male I think I had one dream where I kind of loved a girl. But mostly I was mischievous.

And my sexual dreams as a woman, well I look more for an emotional connection. I don't enjoy the sex in my dreams unless it's a sort of love story. Both are capable of falling in love, but I guess I kind of felt that primal urge that guys have to live with, and some woman. I felt the different ways that each sex sees and experiences sex; how they both start relationships.

Of course that's just based off of dreams, so I don't know how accurate they are.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”