Stone Wall

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

Stone Wall

Postby KylePK » 04 Oct 2012 07:04

I am beginning to feel that there is some sort of stone wall in my mind stopping me from succeeding. I can self induce heavy vibrations, I have done guided meditations that have brought me into a state where I should be able to leave my body. I find myself having crazy vivid and realistic dreams, where I wake up in the morning and feel like I have been "gone" not just asleep. Yet there is like one thing that is holding me back, I don't know how to handle it. I believe I hold all the pieces to success, but I feel like there is something in my mind that isn't allowing me to succeed. Any thoughts? I may have posted something similar on here before, but I still am having this issue. The only solution I can think of would be to dream journal more, but honestly I don't feel the need to because the really vivid dreams stay with me for quite some time. I challenge myself each morning by trying to recall at least one dream, sometimes two or three, and I usually succeed.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Re: Stone Wall

Postby Peter » 04 Oct 2012 09:34

Stop trying so hard and lighten up on yourself. I dont do any of the stuff you are talking about so you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself by expecting them to work just because you are trying them. Each of the skills you are using take a lot of time to get good at and are as much an art as a lucid dream. Give yourself a few easy days and see what happens.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 04 Oct 2012 10:31

I usually just take a break, in all honesty I never really try to have lucid dreams or even decide to, sometimes I simply wake up early in the morning and I know I will be having lucid dreams, I will have like 4 lucid dreams in a row, each one getting longer and more stable, sometimes a normal dream in between. This will happen for the rest of the week, then it just stops for a few weeks.

But thats just me personally, so I guess from my experience is take a break and come back to it when your mind is simply in a different place, after you have changed a bit.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

bens

Postby bens » 05 Oct 2012 18:07

the methods you may be trying might not suit you, i think just like everything it takes practice the more you do it, the more your subconcious will keep hitting down that stone wall you keep reffering to it would get stronger, to see different methods check here http://luciddreamsalive.com/

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 05 Oct 2012 21:09

How can I just stop trying though haha?? I don't know if that will bring progress. And the methods I use are the best suited for me, I've actually thought about that one a lot.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Oct 2012 00:21

Easy just stop doing anything that you think is attached to achieving a lucid dream for 3 to 5 days and if is suited to you then why is it not working. Its like peaking for a sports event, there is a time to stop training and let the energy flow.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 07 Oct 2012 21:18

Peter wrote:Easy just stop doing anything that you think is attached to achieving a lucid dream for 3 to 5 days and if is suited to you then why is it not working. Its like peaking for a sports event, there is a time to stop training and let the energy flow.

Yeah I suppose. Well I say it is suited for me because I have made a lot of progress in this setup for this technique. I know a lot of people have difficulty setting up a WILD, I don't. I just can't pop into the dream.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Oct 2012 01:08

its maddening and I fail more that I succeed in a WILD but thats fine. I feel that I expect to have a WILD and make a big effort but that needs to be backed by a couple of practical goals and that is a good sleep first and staying up for around 30 minutes. Keep at it

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 10 Oct 2012 07:36

Will do. Thank you for your help! I am going to master this. I don't know how yet, and I am not worried about how. I will just keep my end goal in mind, mastery. Personal mastery that is, since the term mastery is rather subjective.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”