Need help with an obstacle

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
beadietux

Need help with an obstacle

Postby beadietux » 08 Oct 2012 20:15

Whenever I attempt a WILD (have had many successful DILDs but never a WILD), right as I feel like I'm about to "pop" as people describe it, I hear a loud crash or bang or someone yelling my name. I've read that hearing sounds is normal but it seems that most people hear buzzing or humming. The sounds I experience are like bombs...they are so loud and fast that they startle me awake...it's like someone sneaking up on you and scaring you. Each time this happens, it ends my attempt. It fully wakes me up and I'm done. Anyone else experience this and have been able to overcome it? If so, how? Thanks.

Peter

Re: Need help with an obstacle

Postby Peter » 09 Oct 2012 00:06

Yes lots and it is as real as it can be but only an illusion so you need to work up the resolve and courage to accept that its the start of a lucid experience and go with it. Change the feeling of fear to one of warmth for the dream thats not far away.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 09 Oct 2012 14:42

I will keep trying, for sure. The problem is just how startling it is - I'll be so relaxed and have a clear mind, and the vibrations start then bam, it's like a gun goes off in my ear...I've got to figure out how to get used to being startled, which would negate the startling effect.

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Oct 2012 20:12

I dont think you can get used to it but get to the point where its a indicator of what is coming and so lose your reaction to it. I had an intense time with vibrations a long time back and now hardly ever get any at all. I joke that its the body rewiring itself and running a few tests until its happy everything is working and then it stops
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”