Astral Projection, 3/4ths lucid and some follow up questions

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MermaidMelodies

Astral Projection, 3/4ths lucid and some follow up questions

Postby MermaidMelodies » 09 Oct 2012 02:14

If I personally were to rate this experience that I had a few nights ago, it would be about a 3/4ths lucid dream ._.. And I apologize ahead of time for any unnecessary information, I get off track a lot when I’m telling stories. AND I posted this on Tumblr earlier, so I tried to make it more appropriate by erasing all the cuss words, but sorry if I still sound really immature.

SHO, I went into sleep paralysis one day/night/4-hour-nap-I-have-every-Friday-after-school-because-it’s-exhausting as I do periodically, and ahead of time I already had a plan to open my eyes and try my best to move and look around my room, and it actually worked. Normally when I go into sleep paralysis, I can’t move at all and there’s you know, some creepy chick from “The Ring” crawling towards me, and the noise of a man masturbating right into my ear —just the euphoric noises, nothing inappropriate splashing into my ear-- (Thank goodness every time I go into sleep paralysis it’s a different noise that occurs so that only happened once ._…).Now, the only reason why I would say it was a 3/4ths lucid dream was because it wasn't as clear as it was supposed to be. I felt like I had full consciousness and awareness, but it was kind of blurry, and I didn't have full control over the way I acted.

I tried to used the trick I saw on this website by yelling out “Clarity now!” to make it more clear/realistic. Nothing came out, or at least nothing that sounded remotely human came out, I don’t really know how to describe the sound, I guess the best way to describe it is kind of like a person gasping for air, but not in small bursts, it was continuous until I stopped trying to say the phrase.

After that, I kind of gave up and decided to use a reality check if I was 99% sure I was dreaming, because if I used it and I wasn’t really dreaming I sounded like a crazy person. I began to call over my dead cat, Jaymie, because I knew the dream wasn’t going to last very long unless I stabilized it, which obviously I failed to do that if you read the above paragraph, and it’s been a few months since she died and I told myself if I ever figured out how to lucid dream, the first thing I’d do was see her again, she was so cute, but she peed everywhere :l. She came over, but she was just like a shadow kind of dust bunny looking thing, I could hardly see her shape, but I was in my “room”, so it was dark, but the light was on, I don’t know, it was really ._. brains, hah, funny thing those.

ANYWAY, that’s all I remember before I woke up, and I know, that was a lot to describe in a story that happened only over a span of 30 seconds, but that was probably my best experience so far so I believe I’m getting close to being fully lucid c:, and maybe something that would last more that half a minute.

Now, I've only gotten this far without writing in a dream journal, which I know I really need to start doing if I want to begin to dig deep into lucid dreaming (I've tried keeping one, but it's hard really getting into the routine of having one) so if you guys have any tips on keeping one, it would be greatly appreciated to share them c:. And do you guys have any great ways to increase awareness/vividness once you realize your dreaming, that would be awesome to know, too! And on a completely unrelated note, one of the main reasons I'm learning how to lucid dream is to increase my ability to draw and create gorgeous visual landscapes, when Rebecca said that you can use lucid dreaming to increase your skills, does that pertain to drawing skills too?

^^ If you don't want to read all of that shtuff above, my three questions are:
1. What're some really efficient ways to keep a dream journal?
2. Once you realize you're dreaming, how do you increase your awareness and vividness of the dream? (besides saying "clarity now!" because so far that's failed twice for me)
3. Can lucid dreaming help increase your drawing skills to the point where you can record landscapes and portraits created in the dream?
*I've read a lot of the articles to find the answers to these questions, so if you only restate what Rebecca said on the website, you're not really providing that much new information for me.
Lucid Dream Count: 0
Semi-Lucid Dream Count: 2
Recorded Dream Count: 20

Peter

Re: Astral Projection, 3/4ths lucid and some follow up quest

Postby Peter » 09 Oct 2012 02:42

I keep a journal with either bullet points for memory jogs if there dreams are interesting and I want a quick record to flesh out later and I like putting simple sketches in as well. Nothing detailed but simple little doodles that make it interesting. I do write up in detail any deep lucids but not to the point of making it hard work.

2. Once you realize you're dreaming, how do you increase your awareness and vividness of the dream? (besides saying "clarity now!" because so far that's failed twice for me)

I do it from the start, I keep calm and do this by reciting my name, job, what I had for tea and my goal for the dream. This focuses me and gets me calm and firmly in the dream, next I get my eyes open and if they dont want to then just start moving slowly ahead and if you bump into something then stop wait and move on again. Next up is full awareness and full vision, look at your hands or anything around and you should now be in a stable dream and away you go.

3. Can lucid dreaming help increase your drawing skills to the point where you can record landscapes and portraits created in the dream?

Only if you can draw, I see original art works that I would love to paint but have no skill so have not attempted yet. If you have images you like start sketching when you wake up and then follow up later. There are a few good artists on this site and they may post a follow up to your msg
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

MermaidMelodies

Postby MermaidMelodies » 09 Oct 2012 04:13

Peter wrote:

I keep a journal with either bullet points for memory jogs if there dreams are interesting and I want a quick record to flesh out later and I like putting simple sketches in as well. Nothing detailed but simple little doodles that make it interesting. I do write up in detail any deep lucids but not to the point of making it hard work.

I do it from the start, I keep calm and do this by reciting my name, job, what I had for tea and my goal for the dream. This focuses me and gets me calm and firmly in the dream, next I get my eyes open and if they dont want to then just start moving slowly ahead and if you bump into something then stop wait and move on again. Next up is full awareness and full vision, look at your hands or anything around and you should now be in a stable dream and away you go.

Only if you can draw, I see original art works that I would love to paint but have no skill so have not attempted yet. If you have images you like start sketching when you wake up and then follow up later. There are a few good artists on this site and they may post a follow up to your msg

1. :3, that's a relief because when I wrote in my dream journal, I could get so detailed that it took up nine pages and that's the point where I stopped because it took me an hour to remember and write down everything and it got quite laborious. Thanks for telling me that :D, I kinda just felt like the dream recall wouldn't be as effective if I didn't write down all the details I remembered.

2. I'll make sure to try that :P, getting excited is definitely one of the bigger factors to me waking up accidentally so much >.>
Lucid Dream Count: 0
Semi-Lucid Dream Count: 2
Recorded Dream Count: 20

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Oct 2012 05:53

I tend to think of dream recall and writing the dream down as 2 separate tasks. I can wake up and if I dont move for few instants I can run the dream through my head and think about a few of the points that made it special - that is dream recall. Dream recording does not need to be anything more that enough information to jog the memory of the dream and a few points that may have triggered you to get lucid if that was the case. There are many views on this and some people no doubt keep very detailed journals, I dont.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”