Using dream totems

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

Using dream totems

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 21:36

OK so throughout the day i look at my hands and ask myself if im dreaming. This works pretty well because it helps me be more aware of my surroundings in waking life and dreamworld. i recently got a hold of a small item that i incorporated into the reality checks with my hands. i believe this will help because everything in dreams is weird and if i have this item in my dream it may be a different color or texture, which may help me become lucid. has anyone done this??? :geek:
What is your definition of reality?

Dream_Wolf

Re: Using dream totems

Postby Dream_Wolf » 11 Oct 2012 22:03

dreamerinmiami wrote:OK so throughout the day i look at my hands and ask myself if im dreaming. This works pretty well because it helps me be more aware of my surroundings in waking life and dreamworld. i recently got a hold of a small item that i incorporated into the reality checks with my hands. i believe this will help because everything in dreams is weird and if i have this item in my dream it may be a different color or texture, which may help me become lucid. has anyone done this??? :geek:

lol yes i have actually! i have a tiny pocket-sized figurine i created with this clay stuff or something like that lol so for a very long time i had it even before i learned about Lucid Dreaming. lol now not only it is a good luck charm but one day, i had a dream and it was in there but it was a different texture so then my awarness snapped in my thoughts told me in the middle of my non-lucid dream that, im lucid im dreaming but i woke up (thats the closest ive gotten to a lucid dream) XD lol so know i use it for lucid dreaming and keep in by my night stand before i go to sleep too just incase i have an OBE lol

Lucid dreamer in training,
Dream_wolf

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 22:44

lol thats cool! thanks for that now i have even more motivation to keep my totem in my hands. and yes keep it handy cus you never know :)
What is your definition of reality?

Dream_Wolf

Postby Dream_Wolf » 12 Oct 2012 21:51

dreamerinmiami wrote:lol thats cool! thanks for that now i have even more motivation to keep my totem in my hands. and yes keep it handy cus you never know :)

np! and yus i agree! never gonna know whats going to happen ;)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Oct 2012 22:51

This is a good idea, but I'm thinking more of something that's always on your hand such as a ring and to make it better have some text on it that you can read as a reality check. Text is especially sensitive to change in dreams so you could look at 3 times and compare results. Nothing is fool-proof, but that should make a great RC.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”