Sucks to wake up

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

Sucks to wake up

Postby dreamerinmiami » 18 Oct 2012 20:55

In the past Month I have had about 4 dreams where I become lucid and wake up right after realizing it! its very frustrating. I even feel when i start to wake up, I try not to but it happens. Ive read that spinning may or may or not help. Its worth a shot i guess :geek:
What is your definition of reality?

torakrubik

Re: Sucks to wake up

Postby torakrubik » 18 Oct 2012 22:57

Spinning has saved me several times
Dreaming is my drug

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 19 Oct 2012 02:17

torakrubik wrote:Spinning has saved me several times

thank you for that.. with eyes open or closed? or it doesnt matter?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Oct 2012 02:34

I would say, with eyes open. I have done it and it works. OR just look around left to right rapidly and take it all in.
Basically what you are doing is filling your mind with all the visuals of the lucid dream so the brain remains happy and content with processing THAT world instead of that pesky outside world thing, which is on the back of your mind as you are in the lucid dream. Too much attention to 'the outside world' or waking self will draw your focus to the waking self and 'pull you out' . Sometimes I have to re-aquainte myself with who I am right in the morning after a lucid dream because I was so into it. (of course you are always you, but all that logical, waking, baggage of reality tends to come flooding back when I wake up after a lucid dream after it was absent when in one)

Touching things helps too. Anything you can sense and feed your mind with really.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 19 Oct 2012 05:26

HAGART wrote:I would say, with eyes open. I have done it and it works. OR just look around left to right rapidly and take it all in.
Basically what you are doing is filling your mind with all the visuals of the lucid dream so the brain remains happy and content with processing THAT world instead of that pesky outside world thing, which is on the back of your mind as you are in the lucid dream. Too much attention to 'the outside world' or waking self will draw your focus to the waking self and 'pull you out' . Sometimes I have to re-aquainte myself with who I am right in the morning after a lucid dream because I was so into it. (of course you are always you, but all that logical, waking, baggage of reality tends to come flooding back when I wake up after a lucid dream after it was absent when in one)

Touching things helps too. Anything you can sense and feed your mind with really.

Thank you Hagart :) . I will try those techniques. Its true about what u say when you focus on the outside world because i immediatly hope i dont wake up. I should stop that

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”