My Domain

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MermaidMelodies

My Domain

Postby MermaidMelodies » 19 Oct 2012 00:32

Okay, so I heard online some advice about lucid dreaming, somewhere, maybe, that it’s a good idea to make a dojo or domain of pure bliss to visit whenever you lucid dream, or to concentrate on while you’re meditating. I decided to take that on and map out my small, tranquil area. *I’m not really using my entire imagination for this one, I’m just trying to think of what could make me the most relaxed and happy*

Surroundings

-Soft-colored red starry sky, like galaxy millions of stars, like when you’re in the mountains at night away from the city c:
-The time of day, well I said nighttime, but more around twilight, so you have some natural light to see by and you can still see the red sky
-In the front is a white sand beach with crystal clear blue water
-The temperature is a moderately warm “that-one-PERFECT-temperature” that you know always improves your mood
-Calm setting, when I say that I mean anxiety, is NADA
-Cosmic themed (think Super Mario Galaxy’s song when you’re at the observatory) or just calm, slow piano music
-On a hill boardered by a few trees behind the beach there’s a house (I’ll get into the description of that later)
-On the backside of the hill behind the house and all that spiel, is a crystal blue waterfall, going down that waterfall will just take me into a different area, probably aquatic, dreamscape
-Anything past that pool is just the edge of a cliff, where I can look down into an area where is just a bunch of places I’d normally visit when I dream

My House:

Very open, no doors or windows, just immediate entrances, kind of like a deck
-On the walk-in (middle) floor, there’s a tribal mat in the middle of the floor, with a small coffee table in the middle of that mat with a bowl of exotic fruits that hopefully taste delicious
-On the corners of the mat, are four lit torches to provide even more light
-In the very farthest right hand corner of the room, is a stair case down to the basement, it’s pretty much just a library… with books (but the contents of which can be anything)
-Back to the walk in level, and in another corners is a ladder to the roof which is an open observatory, not one with a roof, just a telescope to view the sky and the moon orbiting around the domain and a canvas in case I wanted to draw or paint
-The moon is where I’d go if I wanted to induce nightmares (my reasoning being that having a nightmare leaves you to be relieved the next day when you wake up and it’s not real, I’m just weird like that)

Contents:

-My deceased cat, Jaymie lives here with about 50 other kittens ._.
-Cake pop trees
-NO PEOPLE.
-(The rest was just kind of covered previously, and I gotta keep it simple if I want to keep it tranquil, to prevent too many things going on at the same time).

I actually had a lot of fun doing this, I just started out with, “Well, it’s definitely going to be dark with trees of cake pops”, and it sort of grew. It really helped me exercise my imagination, I recommend anyone who has time to do this, to do it, especially if you’re in the practice of lucid dreaming because it creates a place that motivates you to practice harder. Feel free to share with my anything that you have <3!
Lucid Dream Count: 0
Semi-Lucid Dream Count: 2
Recorded Dream Count: 20

HAGART

Re: My Domain

Postby HAGART » 19 Oct 2012 02:14

Sounds like you are trying to over-engineer your happy place.
Any 'happy place' is more of a FEELING than anything else and the visuals come after. You have to have a general idea, but the details come form somewhere else in the subconscious.

I too have thought of creating a place in a lucid dream that I could go to at will, and give it a name so I could call upon it and will myself to go there, but even if I was successful, I bet the details would be different every time.

However, the more you think about it in real life, and daydream, the more it will influence your nightdreams.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

MermaidMelodies

Postby MermaidMelodies » 19 Oct 2012 03:06

HAGART wrote:Sounds like you are trying to over-engineer your happy place.
Any 'happy place' is more of a FEELING than anything else and the visuals come after. You have to have a general idea, but the details come form somewhere else in the subconscious.

I too have thought of creating a place in a lucid dream that I could go to at will, and give it a name so I could call upon it and will myself to go there, but even if I was successful, I bet the details would be different every time.

However, the more you think about it in real life, and daydream, the more it will influence your nightdreams.

Pretty much my basic idea is a warm, dark beach with a cosmic themed sky, but I just let it grew as I went on. If I just imagined the beach part as I think of it though out the day would that make it easier to get to if I have a lucid dream? And when you say it's more of a feeling, would the dream just create it's self if I induce happiness while dreaming?
Lucid Dream Count: 0
Semi-Lucid Dream Count: 2
Recorded Dream Count: 20

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Oct 2012 23:52

No matter what, wither lucid or not, the 'world', or everything that you see, feel or experience in some way, is conjured by the dream-state-of-mind. It it illogical, and is based of feelings and moods. Daydreaming about what is comforting to you is benificial , but when lucid in a dream, the 'world' seems to exist no matter what you consciously want to exist. It has a mind of it's own.

But thinking and day dreaming about something, can be as powerful as dream itself. The only difference is how absorbed you are into the lucid dream compared to a day dream.

(sounds simple and easy... but it is not and even I don't know all the answers and cannot wave a magic wand and make someone lucid dream.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”