What happened? is this natural?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dream_Wolf

What happened? is this natural?

Postby Dream_Wolf » 24 Oct 2012 21:47

okey doki loki! well last night, when i was trying to fall asleep, you know when a thought leads you in to a sleep likke state but then your awarness jolts you out of it? well it happened to me so i managed to train my brain for my awarness to stop and just let it be. so i ended up being asleeep (i think) and then i had a litttle vision of me walking in the hallway of my schoool and there was Fluff (that melted marshmellow mix stufff) smeared on the florr. i slipped on it and i jolted awake and i moved like if i actually fell and i was panting. what happened? is it natural?

Dream_wolf
lucid-dreamer-in-training

torakrubik

Re: What happened? is this natural?

Postby torakrubik » 24 Oct 2012 23:56

Perfectly normal. This happens to everyone from time to time. It's just a sign that your senses are beginning to disengage from waking reality and instead experiencing the dreamworld. The 'jolt' is a sudden shift back to awareness.
Dreaming is my drug

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 28 Oct 2012 07:09

Dream_Wolf wrote:okey doki loki! well last night, when i was trying to fall asleep, you know when a thought leads you in to a sleep likke state but then your awarness jolts you out of it? well it happened to me so i managed to train my brain for my awarness to stop and just let it be. so i ended up being asleeep (i think) and then i had a litttle vision of me walking in the hallway of my schoool and there was Fluff (that melted marshmellow mix stufff) smeared on the florr. i slipped on it and i jolted awake and i moved like if i actually fell and i was panting. what happened? is it natural?

Dream_wolf

Hahahaha yeah I hate that so much!!!! But yeah its fine, no worries! Just your mind foolin the body :P like the other guy said. How exactly did you train yourself to stop your awareness from jolting you out of the hypnagogia? I'm having a hard time with WILDS ,I keep jolting out.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Dream_Wolf

Postby Dream_Wolf » 28 Oct 2012 19:35

KylePK wrote:
Dream_Wolf wrote:okey doki loki! well last night, when i was trying to fall asleep, you know when a thought leads you in to a sleep likke state but then your awarness jolts you out of it? well it happened to me so i managed to train my brain for my awarness to stop and just let it be. so i ended up being asleeep (i think) and then i had a litttle vision of me walking in the hallway of my schoool and there was Fluff (that melted marshmellow mix stufff) smeared on the florr. i slipped on it and i jolted awake and i moved like if i actually fell and i was panting. what happened? is it natural?

Dream_wolf

Hahahaha yeah I hate that so much!!!! But yeah its fine, no worries! Just your mind foolin the body :P like the other guy said. How exactly did you train yourself to stop your awareness from jolting you out of the hypnagogia? I'm having a hard time with WILDS ,I keep jolting out.

Well i really dont know how, but ive noticed that if i let my mind wander around, and everything,and when i went deeper, i kept jolting out everytime, i noticed that my mind would keep hold of the feeling for like a second and im back, but then i went deeper again and then when i jolted out, i made my eyes keep a hold to that feeling (some how lol maybe by concentreating probably lol but i really dunno) and i continued to do this and plus your even a bit more aware of it so we might get higher lucidity! lol maybe.and for example, if i were on, lets say, in on my "level 3" (meaning i went deeper by 3x) if you forget to jolt back in, u wouldnt got to "level 4" but just stay on that "level 3 or 2" place. lol i know in a terrible explainer XD lol did my best so yeah thats what i did. ive beeen doing it for a few days now.

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 05 Nov 2012 14:45

Various OBE authors have described this "jolt" as what happens when your astral body has separated from your physical and it snaps back into place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”