Just a question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Just a question

Postby malikpain » 15 Nov 2012 01:18

Okay so is it possible for a person to be in your dream to be portrayed in a different body. To explain myself I'll give this example. In a recent dream of mine, a boy I know named Jacob was in the body of an overweight ginger boy, when in actuality, he is a skinny black haired boy. But for some reason I knew it was him, even though he looked nothing like him. Has anyone else had this problem?

I also wanted to turn this into a dream sign to help me become lucid (I've never been lucid before). Since I've seen him look like that in my dreams multiple times, I thought the next time it happened I would realize he does not actually look like that and I was dreaming. However last night, he was his normal looking self again!! It's absolutely confusing.

Re: Just a question

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2012 03:01

malikpain wrote: But for some reason I knew it was him, even though he looked nothing like him.

That happens alot in dreams and not just people, but objects and places as well. You just somehow know and feel it, and the visual representation comes after as though it were a visual-side-effect of already somehow knowing it is him.

Our brains work backwards at times in dreams (feel first and see later)
It makes sense to me anyway........ :ugeek:
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

tammy medium

Postby tammy medium » 23 Nov 2012 01:03

When it comes to dream interpretations,the people in our lives (within the dream state) represent something to us, he is teaching you about prejudice, and how it is not so much about color these days as it is about weight that we can discriminate against. When he appears as his 'normal' self, this is an indication that you have progressed in a certain area, this is a good thing. There will come a time, where you dream about him no longer, because you would have grown and no longer need the lesson that he is showing you, hope this makes sense :)

Postby rothgar » 23 Nov 2012 16:33

It happens to me too, but I personally think it shows spirit and body are separate. We see more their inner person. Sometimes it is close, sometimes very different, but we seem to always know them.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”