Almost lucid. got distracted....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

Almost lucid. got distracted....

Postby dreamerinmiami » 15 Nov 2012 22:00

Last night i had a dream where i was in my room and in the dream i asked myself is this a dream?? why is this frame weird? (in the dream the question felt like i was doing it while awake, i ask it quite often while awake so maybe i preconceived that i was awake. which i wasn't) anyways when i went to investigate a dream character called to me and we started texting each other about some family problems lol! if only i had the chance to investigate and also not preconceive that i was awake.....
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Re: Almost lucid. got distracted....

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2012 02:49

I think there is such a thing as TOO MUCH reality checking. It becomes so second nature that we can even dream about it, and if we expect it to fail it will. And sometimes it takes not one but three different checks to finally realize.

Anyway, I sometimes awaken in bed as a false awakening and don't realize right away or if at all, just like you did. But, at least, it's a memorable dream and you won't be fooled so easily the next time.......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 17 Nov 2012 03:36

HAGART wrote:I think there is such a thing as TOO MUCH reality checking. It becomes so second nature that we can even dream about it, and if we expect it to fail it will. And sometimes it takes not one but three different checks to finally realize.

Anyway, I sometimes awaken in bed as a false awakening and don't realize right away or if at all, just like you did. But, at least, it's a memorable dream and you won't be fooled so easily the next time.......

thanks for your response. I have had a couple where I also say hey if im in a dream I could fly. and I sort of fly but don't become lucid. i become lucid when something crazy directly happens to my body. might sound weird but i hope for bad dreams cus its so much easier lol
What is your definition of reality?

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 17 Nov 2012 23:25

I don't even know if practicing reality checks is as important as researching and understanding them. When I had my first lucid dream, I looked at my hands, even though I rarely did it during the day, I just knew that would be a sure indicator. And sure enough it was. Even in my nearly lucid dreams its always my hands that tip me off that something is awry.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”