Is my brain purposely trying to get around lucidity clues?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TheDoctor

Is my brain purposely trying to get around lucidity clues?

Postby TheDoctor » 21 Nov 2012 20:58

Examples:
Dream 1 - There is an explosion which send me flying. The flying is justified by the explosion.
Dream 2 - I see garbled text twice, with these justifications:
a) the paper with the text is torn, rendering the text unreadable
b) the writing is in a foreign language, that uses a non-English script. In real life, I have a working
knowledge of the written form of this language. In the dream, I justify the confusion because
I'm not proficient in the language.

Is my brain going out of its way to make the lucidity cues look like real life?

The Doctor

rothgar

Re: Is my brain purposely trying to get around lucidity clue

Postby rothgar » 22 Nov 2012 04:17

In a sense you are correct. Your brain justifies the most outrageous dream situations. We all face that problem. Training yourself to reality check weird things is one approach to triggering lucidity. Then again, I also have noticed falling asleep with intent to LD, sometimes it appears as if your brain is really working for you, sending dream signs you should recognize... So it depends on your perspective.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 25 Nov 2012 03:07

i feel how i've been doing reality checks has helped me a lot with overcoming this. for reality checks i simply need to come to a reasonable conclusion for whether i'm dreaming or not. then whenever whether i'm dreaming or not comes into question, that logic part turns on and i instantly know i'm dreaming when i'm dreaming. i feel like it works better for me than the traditional methods

TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 25 Nov 2012 03:24

Here's a bit of an update on this. I woke up from an intensely lucid dream this morning. By this, I mean that I spoke with 2 or 3 other dream characters who were themselves aware of the dream. The first person explicitly confirmed two things: That this was a dream, and that he was an aspect of my mind. "So this is an internal dialogue?" I said. Yes, he said, that's right.

The last person I spoke with basically told me go, at which time I snapped awake.

I think what we have here is the conflict personified once the dream became lucid.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 25 Nov 2012 19:02

Once you know you are dreaming you leave the dream and do what you want to do, like saying: I want to see London, and your wish is the dreams command. Talking,tasting, flying etc.. in a dream is only lucid if you don't just have a dream, but know 100% that you are guiding the dream. I have a lot of clear dreams which I enjoy, ( flying as my favorite) but the are not lucid, as I beeing flown, also pushing my nose into dreams with a message. I write this only because to many dreamers think the are lucid if the are involved in a dream. :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”