Jerking Sensation during Wild?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Crescentmoon33

Jerking Sensation during Wild?

Postby Crescentmoon33 » 25 Nov 2012 01:16

Hi everyone!
So I was attempting to wild with the assistance of isochronic beats during an afternoon nap. I was already past SP and was just kind of daydreaming. I don't usually see hypnagogic imagery, just flashes of scenes, some from a movie i've seen or a memory or anything I've visualized some time. I've never had a lucid dream, but this time I really felt like I was being pulled in. So I was on the brink of entering a dreamscape I had just created, when i felt something. It felt like someone and jerked my elbow, like they were pulling me toward them, and also felt like someone was pushing me from behind simultaneously. My eyes opened in surprise before quickly closing shut again, but the SP faded away and I couldn't get in a calm state afterwards. So my question here basically is, is this normal? Cuz I've heard of a lot of people who feel things, like they are falling or floating when entering a dream. Also, is it weird that I never see hypnagogic imagery? or does that just vary on the person? Thx!

lumencryster

Re: Jerking Sensation during Wild?

Postby lumencryster » 25 Nov 2012 02:46

weird stuff like this happens to me all the time, so i wouldn't worry about it. i'm sure the more you WILD the more comfortable you'll be.

edit: also the hypnagogic imagery definitely varies from person to person.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 26 Nov 2012 23:05

Yeah my legs and arms jerk around sometimes too. The push on your back sounds like something I feel. Like I am being pulled all over the place. Its just my mind leaving my body and entering the dream. Usually I get too freaked out to continue though.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 27 Nov 2012 05:18

attempting a WILD is a crazy thing and i lot of crazy stuff happens to me when i do. its good to relax and realize that nothing's going to hurt you in any way.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Nov 2012 20:54

I kind of gave up doing WILDs. Simply because the act of doing a WILD is sort of self defeating, at least until you have some proficiency in lucid dreaming. Every time I would try to WILD, I'd be so focused on my intent of relaxing and letting the dream take over, that I would kind of push the process away. The dream develops so randomly and so many intense sensations occur while it develops, its impossible to focus on any one thing. So I started just focusing (or not focusing really) on my awareness. Just allowing my mind to be aware of what was happening, in my mind and to my body. This mindset has led me to have greater dream recall without writing down any dreams and actually led me to once (the night I first discovered it last week) have a conscious sleep. I was not lucid dreaming, but I was watching my dreams evolve and change without being a part of them. They all appeared to be more like HI, or dreamlets. My body and mind were asleep but my conscious mind stayed completely awake for 2 and a half hours, just observing everything as one would watch tv. It was a bit unsettling after a while, to admit. Overwhelmed by the pure perceptionless awareness, I urged myself to sleep like normal so I could rest my consciousness xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xHc2dWrfJ8&feature=plcp

This video and multiple video following this series is what led me to this change of mind. Watch the whole series.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Crescentmoon33

Postby Crescentmoon33 » 02 Dec 2012 19:53

Thx everyone! Yeah I get the jerking sensation a lot more often, but I'm learning to ignore it

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”