gender change dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

gender change dream

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 30 Nov 2012 18:56

hello! recently ive been getting TONS of ideas for lucid dreaming. another one i am wondering if it's possible is to change genders in a dream. i mean ive always wondered what it would be like to be a guy. (i mean everyone has once in a while) The reason why it may not be possible is cause your body does not know what it is like. but i think it is possible because you can do tons of things in dreams that you cant to do in real life! i think this would be a cool experiment and i am wondering if anyone else has tried it. just a thought!

p.s. i probrably will not try it any time soon seeing that it may be very strange, weird, or even traumatizing.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

lucidinthe sky

Re: gender change dream

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Dec 2012 19:26

According to Carl Jung, we already have these opposites in our subconscious. For men, it's called Amina, and for women it's called Animus. These are not actual genders, but represent general attributes of them. In waking life these are often repressed so dreams are the place where they would naturally present themselves. You could become the opposite sex by connecting fully with that part of your inner self so it's very natural. Since the characters in dreams are representaions of yourself, when you are dreaming about the opposite sex you are in a sense changing genders. I think if you want to change genders in the first person, you first need to be comfortable with the idea that you are already both genders inside and getting in touch with that inside and being comfortable with it would be something that might help.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 02 Dec 2012 19:33

huh! ive never thought of it that way. that is a very interesting point of view. thanks for your insight.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Dec 2012 01:39

I changed genders in a lucid dream once. It was purely incidental and not on purpose. I happened to look in a mirror and I was a WOMAN, not myself! She was elegent and attractive with a pearl necklace (or something that seemed like that), short hair and a black dress. Instead of freaking out, I walked around the upscale party I was at and flaunted my body for all the men to ogle me.

I didn't PHYSICALLY feel like I was a woman, but just went along with the charade. I knew I was attractive, because when I saw myself in the mirror, my male side (ME!) thought I was hot. SO actually I was pretty much just a man pretending to be a hot woman and doing things that I wish hot girls would do to me...... not a true shift, but how can I if I still retain my male side.

But anyway, we are both men and women inside us. (another lucid dream once I looked in the mirror and I had both male and female attributes like a vision of myself and a female version at the same time.) A lot of men would find that odd and never speak of it again, even with themselves, but I think they are just kidding themselves.

lucidinthe sky wrote:For men, it's called Amina, and for women it's called Animus.

I read about those, and it changed the way I see my dreams. Sometimes I am in a dream and I am with somebody but I don't know who... I don't look at them, but just know they were there. (non-lucid). But I always know the gender. Apparently they are projections of yourself and is significant whether they are male or female and what gender YOU are.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Dec 2012 02:21

Hagart wrote:I read about those, and it changed the way I see my dreams. Sometimes I am in a dream and I am with somebody but I don't know who... I don't look at them, but just know they were there. (non-lucid). But I always know the gender. Apparently they are projections of yourself and is significant whether they are male or female and what gender YOU are.

If you haven't read it already, I would recommend you read the book "We" by Robert Johnson. It explores this topic in depth.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Dec 2012 03:45

okay, thanks for the book recomendation.

and to hagart, i completely know what you mean about knowing people's genders. that dream is an interesting one. did your body feel different? or was it if your body was still of a mans?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Dec 2012 04:43

I sometimes get really vivid lucid dreams in which I truly feel like I have a body, but this one in particular was not like that. I didn't have a dream-body persay. So no. I wasn't physically a woman, but since I saw myself as one it seemed like a good idea at the time to just play along with it. I didn't really become a woman and whatever I did was just my own imagination from a male perspective. It felt good to know I was attractive however... no matter what gender. Perhaps that was the main point of my dream, i don't know.

((I'd hate to think what men would do if they had all the physical attributes of a woman in a lucid dream...... :oops: :lol: ))

Women are more sensible.....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Dec 2012 20:14

haha! you are so right! who knows what they would do? :?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”