The feeling of falling while entering a LUCID state?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lexiilove

The feeling of falling while entering a LUCID state?

Postby lexiilove » 05 Dec 2012 06:31

I don't know if anyone else has this happen to them, but when I awake in the middle of the night, I'll close my eyes again to enter lucid, then I get this crazy dizzy falling feeling in my head only like I'm hurdling into a different world. Then all of a sudden, i'm lucid! This has happened multiple times, and was wondering if that's a common side effect of the WILD technique. I also notice that the feeling does really startle me and i feel like i'm actually getting dizzy. This astonishment to the feeling sometimes stops me from becoming lucid and keeps me awake, but i just try to tell myself "It's okay, you're okay, it'll be over soon and then you'll be lucid!" This actually helped me last night. Since the time before that, i awoke completely because of this odd, very real feeling.

Any comments welcome :)

Peter

Re: The feeling of falling while entering a LUCID state?

Postby Peter » 05 Dec 2012 08:31

Quite normal at times, I have not had it like that for a long time but used to quite often
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 06 Dec 2012 06:59

You are a natural! I can induce this feeling and other sensations even more powerful and still cannot enter the dreamworld intentionally and consciously xD
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Dec 2012 04:00

I use to stay perfectly still with my eyes closed after a lucid dream to see what would happen next. I felt all sorts of crazy things! I would often sink. Just a foot or so. The same feeling can jerk you awake and I get that too sometimes when I am not expecting it. After I sink a little it would stop and then I would sink again. and again.... That is just ONE example of many feelings that I have had, and they are always bizarre when they happen. I wouldn't say it is a side-effect, but all part of the territory.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lexiilove

Postby lexiilove » 08 Dec 2012 02:15

Yes! That's exactly what happens to me, scary haha

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Dec 2012 02:47

I get this falling feeling too, occasionally when doing WILD. One time I stopped the process because there was the falling plus too many other weird things going on. It was just more than I could handle, like sounds going past me, and really trippy hallucinations and stuff. You just to have to hang on for the ride if you can.

More often the falling feeling happens when actually in the lucid dream. Sometimes when I fly it feels more like falling than flying or a combination of both. Recently I had one where I was lucid and falling through darkness. It was a really fantastic feeling and there was music playing.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”