Actual lucid dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ikamon.13579LD

Actual lucid dreams?

Postby Ikamon.13579LD » 06 Dec 2012 03:28

I got to thinking through my past lucid dreams and I have no idea how to improve the results. This is very hard to describe my state in a lucid dream but it is much like this: I say to my self I am dreaming and do a successful reality check but that lasts a split second. Before my consciosness is even high enough to even attempt a reality check, I either lose immediate memory of the reality check or I get a split second of control where the only thing I can control is a simple thought process that has no logic behind it. This is basically the exact result of all eight of my lucid dreams i've had since I found out about it in july of 2011. I have been trying with extreme diligence to have a lucid dream for about 1 and a half years. I do a dozen meaningful reality checks daily, write down my full dreams in detail each morning when I wake up or during free time in school, and I try (unsuccessfully try) a MILD every night ( ive tried WILDs but im horrible with silencing my mind). Im wondering if there are any techniques that work for anyone out there with similar problems or in general if there is anyone else who has trouble with this as well.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
We dine in lucidity TONIGHT!!!!!!!

HAGART

Re: Actual lucid dreams?

Postby HAGART » 07 Dec 2012 04:27

Ikamon.13579LD wrote: I either lose immediate memory of the reality check or I get a split second of control where the only thing I can control is a simple thought process that has no logic behind it

I'm no expert. I lucid dream a lot, but even I don't know exactly why or how. Perhaps, even though you don't realize it, you may be getting too excited mentally and not letting yourself just go with the flow. Perhaps you are thinking TOO much consciously and that snaps you out of it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 07 Dec 2012 20:15

i'm going to suggest what i suggest to everybody having troubles with lucid dreaming, which is to spend a little time meditating every day. its like going for a jog everyday to train for sports. you say that you're horrible at silencing your mind? this is common, but lets say i'm bad at the guitar because it seems too hard for me, what should i do, give up or work hard so i can be a better artist? i gave up and that was one of the worst mistakes i've made in my life. i used to have problems quieting my mind too, but if you work at it, you might find that it just takes a little more time than you anticipated.

anyway take what i say as however you want, i'm just talking out of personal experience. i hope for the best for you and good luck with lucid dreaming!

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Dec 2012 21:37

Try everything that is being suggested and find you own way. I dont meditate and have plenty of long deep lucids, I also dont bother about the chatter in my mind, I just ignore it and it drifts away soon enough and for me that is a sign that I am near a dream (WILD) also I dont do that may RC in a dream as i am very often aware that I am dreaming and so dont need to

This has been a LIFETIME (sorry for caps) of learning how to control some elements of the dreamspace and understanding my own mind so again take everything that is offered and find your own way and remove the element of time, this is a destroyer as you start to measure against other people and then set expectations of what is "normal" process and will get frustrated.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Dec 2012 03:15

I have this kind of experience when I get too excited after being lucid, get lucid in a dream that's not very deep or get lucid at the very end of the cycle. I agree that it takes lots and lots of practice so be patient and remember that even if you are lucid for a split second you are ahead of many others already.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 08 Dec 2012 20:21

If you want to improve your projections... start with building a foundation in meditation. Start with that.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 18 Dec 2012 21:27

What has been working for me is just asking myself if im dreaming throughout the day or saying im dreaming and just act a little dreamscene out. i believe that reality checks dont really work. i used to do them and i never became lucid off a reality check. i just knew i was dreaming. the power of questioning if your awake is big! i also have a dream journal thats always the best.
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Dec 2012 23:07

dreamerinmiami wrote:i never became lucid off a reality check. i just knew i was dreaming

I do the same. I only check the reality of if AFTER I already question, "is this a dream?", and only if I have doubts. Sometimes it comes very easily and other times I just dream away and never even consider the thought. But it is the very thought that starts the ball rolling. I think that is why Wake Back to Bed works so well and I tend to do that naturally as part of my sleep cycle. When you start to dream again, (and they tend to be more true to waking life during this phase), you retain a part of that waking, questioning self.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 19 Dec 2012 23:29

perhaps we're missing the point. lets say we're actually dreaming right now and what we think of dreaming is actually waking reality. what would you do in order to wake up? "reality check" would take on a new meaning.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 20 Dec 2012 20:28

Sorry in advance for large message, but I am addressing various points in this thread and hopefully they will be helpful responses.

Peter wrote:I also dont bother about the chatter in my mind, I just ignore it and it drifts away soon enough and for me that is a sign that I am near a dream (WILD)

That is because quieting the mind is unnecessary and often counter productive. Its much easier and is much more effective to learn to watch the chatter of the mind without influencing it. Put the ego aside and just absorb what the mind does. Observe yourself going to sleep. The very first time I took this approach, I reached point consciousness.

lumencryster wrote:i'm going to suggest what i suggest to everybody having troubles with lucid dreaming, which is to spend a little time meditating every day. its like going for a jog everyday to train for sports.

This is true. Meditation CAN AND WILL help, although for some it is unnecessary. If I am going to meditate, it is not to quiet the mind. The mind is incredible and gives us so much information from our subconscious, I see it much more useful to be able to be purely aware of it without any conscious interaction, as I said before. This is a little difficult at first, but it gets easy. If you need to influence it, just nudge it till you don't have to anymore. Feel free to private message me on that one.

We only call our waking life "reality" because it has the most rules and boundaries, so it must be real. This reality and dreaming and OBE are all equally real realities, they just have different rules. For those of you who lucid dream often, you know what I am talking about when I say it is equally as realistic as waking life. That reality just functions on a different set of rules. It is to my understanding that "waking up" as you say is being able to tap into Point Consciousness whenever you please, because that is where you can see the bigger picture, not just your perspective. Its like going from having an ants perspective to having a birds perspective. Obviously that takes time to develop but that's as close to waking up as anybody is going to get, in the sense that you mean it, anyway.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”