Tom Campbell on Projection

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ryan

Tom Campbell on Projection

Postby Ryan » 08 Dec 2012 23:03

Tom was invited to speak in Ireland last month, the subject of the talk was ENTIRELY about Projection. Phenomenal video on the subject.
It’s a two parter, so please, I HIGHLY recommend anyone and everyone who is interested in learning Astral Projection to listen/watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkHfLnNiBk

He provides a great new perspective on the old mystical ideologies.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Re: Tom Campbell on Projection

Postby HAGART » 10 Dec 2012 02:24

Normally I trust kittens in 'frog helmets', so I gave the link a try.

I agree with him. Fear is the biggest obstacle in lucid dreams and we all aren't truly aware that we have minor fears that are brought about by customs and the ego of the self. I know this all too well when I lucid dream or even just recall my non-lucid ones.

However, I find him hard to listen to. He is not a natural public speaker and doesn't know how to read his audience and doesn't know when to crack a joke here and there to keep them interested. That is my two cents (or is it sense?), but I have it on You Tube right now on another TAB and I'll go back, but man is it dry........

(Of course remember, despite my criticism, I am watching it and therefore I like the link and the content... THANK YOU FOR THAT. I just have a hard time staying interested.)

If only he had a kitten with a frog-helmet in the background!
Last edited by HAGART on 10 Dec 2012 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Dec 2012 03:20

I went back and watched some more. I don't take back what I said previously, I stand by it. But the content of this is great!

I just reached a point where he speaks of choices and mazes created by ourselves. So true. When awake or asleep, we create our own problems and dilemmas and sometimes it is physical, but it all starts with our minds. We create our own problems and solutions and have choices. EVERY problem we have in waking reality is just a maze if you will. Perhaps a 'tree diagram' that splits into many possible outcomes, but a maze none the less. And it is hard to rationally wrap our heads around ALL THE OUTCOMES.

I'm starting to grow up as he puts it and understand and let it be. (I still think it's dry and he needs to crack a joke here and there, but this is actually very informative to someone like me who feels like they have experienced this all before.) Consciousness without direction... I get that sometimes in the early hours of the morning and it is hard to explain. It is like you experience consciousness without pre-conceived ideas and even thought itself seems foreign and your sense of 'self' is bewildering.... I've been there. It use to be scary, but that was just my ego. This gets deep and I recommend people to watch it.... but it is certainly boring if you are not in the mood I must say!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Dec 2012 06:20

HAGART wrote:Consciousness without direction... I get that sometimes in the early hours of the morning and it is hard to explain.

I watched more and I think I know what this is now. He called it 'point consciousness' if my memory serves me. It truly is like being in a void with no up or down or horizon or even a sense of self that most people (me included) have become accustomed to. I known for a while that my sense of self is an illusion created by me, but hard to shed. Except for just a few times in the very early hours after I snapped out of a period of 'sleep mulling' as I called it. It is not like any dream most recall where there are actual objects, scenarios or dilemmas but just thought without a solution. AND I truly didn't know who I was for a few seconds after I awoke in a dark room and it scared me. That is the best way I can describe it, but apparently it is not uncommon. I should try meditating and induce it on my own terms and become more familiar with it. It's something new to me that has been happening more and more and I should embrace it.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 11 Dec 2012 07:43

Consciousness without direction. I have experience this once, half asleep half awake with no perception of time or physical being, just purely conscious. It scared the shit out of me. I shall watch the videos tomorrow!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Dec 2012 22:49

It still scares me. I feel like I have died. It's supposedly very relaxing and brings about a calm 'glow' feeling about you afterward. But in order for that to happen I guess you need to have no fear while in that state. And time and familiarity with unknowns like that are the best way to overcome fear. In a word: Practice!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 14 Dec 2012 03:50

That's the point consciousness state.

It's.
Just.
Amazing. :)
Or join my forums!

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 16 Dec 2012 19:22

The whole video parts one and two kind of just blew my mind. Changed the way I think for sure... a lot of that flows well with me.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Dec 2012 03:08

KylePK wrote:The whole video parts one and two kind of just blew my mind. Changed the way I think for sure... a lot of that flows well with me.

As Tom would say though... don't "believe" anything he (or anyone) says. Use the knowledge to find your own answers. Everyone has their own "Big TOE".
Or join my forums!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Dec 2012 22:54

Yeah, I don't believe him. I've got my own big toe already and it helps me to walk and hold a teapot without cracking it. I'm off to have a cuppa! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”