Too much information??

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Alexd333

Too much information??

Postby Alexd333 » 22 Dec 2012 00:29

So im only 5 nights into lucid dreaming. Ive read so many techniques and tips for what to do before sleeping and various others I dont really know what I should do (or wheres a good place to start)

Last night I didnt even remember any dreams atall, when I woke, the only way I can describe my feeling was "very aware" I didnt even understand what that meant..?

I am doing semi frequent reality checks, asking myself "am I dreaming?" and checking my hands, I am also reminding myself "I will lucid dream" and "I will remember my lucid dreams"

Any easy tips to keep it simple? I read lots on lucid dreaming daily and I get to a point where I can't take any more information and then I often forget basic information.

I am also copying good information I find online and keeping record of it online.
For a dreamer, night's the only time of day.

Summerlander

Re: Too much information??

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2012 00:45

The best thing to do is to focus on one method first before you try others. Remember to not be overly obsessive about it. Have a relaxed approach. Think about how much fun it would be to have a lucid dream and smile. Do NOT say to yourself "I must have a lucid dream, it has to happen tonight" as that conveys pressure. Plant the suggestion and see all the preparation as part of the fun. Don't do things lackadaisically or for the sake of appearances. Really apply yourself with passion. I'd also avoid information overload especially from different sources which may even contradict themselves. It is important to remember that lucid dreaming is easier than most people think.

Here's a tip. If you happen to wake up in the morning without physical movement, try to separate from the physical body in a dream body immediately. Chances are that you will get up from your bed and find yourself in a dream environment. It can be that simple and without complicated techniques. The reason for this is that as you are waking up, your brain is already primed for the lucid state. Master this one simple and effective skill and you won't even need a method. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Alexd333

Postby Alexd333 » 23 Dec 2012 18:02

Thanks for the shout back :D

I've been reading about people over obsessing, so im trying my brst to relax and take my time. afterall its only been 7 days.
For a dreamer, night's the only time of day.

Dwar

Postby Dwar » 23 Dec 2012 18:10

Haha same happened to me at first. The first dream was very short though, like 10 seconds or so. Don't get disappointed by that. Today I had a longer dream - about 2 minutes. It is something! The first dream I got was just by doing a reality check in a dream. I got used to them. Now I use the DEILD technique, but if I can't get rid of the vibration throughout the dream I might go back to other methods.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”