LD Religion Experiment

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Re: LD Religion Experiment

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2013 04:09

Now that I think about it, the Indian guy reminded me of someone I once knew when I was younger. I was a teenager, and he was in his twenties and I looked up too him and thought he was the coolest guy in the world. I felt like he was more experienced than me. Now that I think about it, that is most likely where I conjured him from. When when I called out for 'god' in the LD world perhaps I inadvertently conjured an experienced lucid dreamer character that took on that form.

The black woman had that stereotypical 'black-woman-attitude' if you know what I mean. She was like, 'Nu-huh! Just what are you doing that for? I don't have time for this!" (all that useless note taking I was doing). She put me on track and I thanked her for that. I read in a dream-interpretation book that: a girl that in unknown to us can make us "acknowledge that a fresh approach would be useful." I don't treat all dream interpretations as gospel and it can be like reading a horoscope sometimes where it is vague enough for anybody to find meaning, but this in particular seemed to ring true. She was like the complete opposite of myself with a different perspective and told me not to be so analytical because I would have just wasted my time.

And for the clock: we call it 'reading time' for a reason. It must use similar parts of the brain. When I see a word I don't need to sound it out. I just see the whole word and know what it is immediately and go on to the next one. I can tell the time on an analogue clock from a single glance. But I wasn't always like that. When I was 5 years old I had trouble reading words and clocks and in a lucid dream my state of mind goes back to that. However, the imagination I had when I was 5 comes back and I get enveloped in the dream. It's like we can have one or the other but never both at full capacity.

Summerlander wrote:I also relate to the fact that you thought you were sharing dream space with another lucid dreamer while you were lucid dreaming.
I can only remember 3 times this had happened to me including this one, and I must have had at least 300 lucid dreams (rounded to make math easier), so for me it's a 1 in a 100. Although I try to use words and logic to explain it, words and logic can never describe the actual dream fully... even to myself. I have already forgotten some parts of it and will forget others in the years to come and will only have my waking, written, words to remind me.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jan 2013 14:27

I believe that the black woman can tell you a lot about yourself or at least about your views. You seem to be very experienced in lucid dreaming and you have a healthy and open-minded approach. I like the way you analyse things and you set a great example for the novice.

By the way, isn't it funny that when we don't have full mental capacity in lucid dreams we are still conscious enough within the dream world to realise this? And in that moment, I often find myself asking why. why can't I do this? I remember being able to do this with ease in waking life. And yet, we are equally awed by the impossibilities that can become possibilities in the dream world, like flying, exploring other realities and being the man.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2013 00:57

What an interesting idea to try. I only read your post and none of the replies and thinking about trying this. In my case thou I are concerned my subconsciousness will influence the result as I have some fear around this whole idea as who knows what God I could experience as one thing Ive learnt about dreaming is to expect the unexpected!!

My fear around will the dream God be a nice God or a not so nice God, could make me end up experiencing a very nasty God. Anyway.. as extremely interested in what the results may be, Im not sure if I want to try this experiment or not. I could end up trying it at some point. If I do.. I'll post back about it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 01:18

I don't think this will work well, cause if you believe in a God, you will probably see him as you imagine him. If you don't believe in him, you probably wont get anything.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”