Am I getting closer?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Am I getting closer?

Postby Lindsayldawe » 04 Jan 2013 19:50

I just ordered the Fast Track program and just started reading about techniques on becoming lucid. I also just started dream journaling and am on day 3. So I am very new to all this. So, last night I decided to do a relaxation technique. I went from my toes all the way up to my face and tightened and relaxed each muscle individually until I felt completely relaxed. I fell asleep in what felt like 5 mintues. (unusual for me to fall asleep that fast). When I woke up this morning I was able to recall, in detail, 7 dreams! I was pretty proud of my mind and what it was capable of.
A little bit of history...I had a stroke when I was 19. Ended up with no residual side effects but it was like my brain and its thought process took a step down. Until I had a misscarriage 2 months ago and my dreams became more vivid and detailed. With that came stronger thought processes in my waking life.
Anyways, by recalling 7 dreams, am I getting closer to becoming lucid?
I'm so excited!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Re: Am I getting closer?

Postby Alexd333 » 05 Jan 2013 21:15

It will happen if you keep at it, Im in the same boat as you, Ive done the same things you have done so far minus recalling 7 dreams in a night :lol:

The fast track programme is great, its actually a fun read too (as im not a bookworm)

Just keep doing reality checks!! and you will find the way that suits you after a few experiments. Try not to rush or force it though (I also got taught this) as you are pressuring yourself. Just relax and let it happen when it happens. Any a non lucid dream is not a fail as you can still remember it! So write it down and wait for the next sleep.

Good luck and keep us posted :)
For a dreamer, night's the only time of day.

Re: Am I getting closer?

Postby lumencryster » 05 Jan 2013 22:06

well its a good thing you have good dream recall! but i wouldn't worry too much about whether you're almost there or not. in my experience with meditation and lucid dreaming its better to just try to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday. sometimes it feels like you're getting worse no matter how much you try. i think this has to do with the body's cycle of high and low chemical supply in the brain. a better way is to just make an effort, and if you do better than yesterday then great! if you don't, still great! i mean, if you climb a ladder and look up every time you climb a step you might not always see yourself getting closer or you may get impatient. but if you just focus on the fact that you climbed one step, its a lot easier to just enjoy the experience.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”