LD entry points

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Re: LD entry points

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Jan 2013 05:41

Just wanted to report some progress on LD entry during WILD which I have been working on.

After 2 hours awake and in bed, this morning I succesfully entered the dream world that I watch form and helped to facilitate. Went through the "thoughts" phase and started HI. The dream scene started forming, then suddenly I realized it. A little voice inside said "It's ready, go in!" It looked sort of like a movie screen, but I had to make the decision to "walk into" it, then all of sudden it changed into 3D and I was inside it. It seems like I jumped the gun a bit since it was not 100% formed, but very close. The trees had these very delicate branches and tiny leaves, like those ornamental trees only much bigger. As I walked down a path did the usual reach up and grab a tree branch to test how it feels (very real). After a bit I starting flying around above this valley with house in it. There was this strange depth distortion going on, trees and house would appear to be moving in and out and distance, independant of each other and as if they wre isolated elements. Also had music playing in the background. This is the third time in a row now with music playing.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 20 Jan 2013 02:44

I just had my longest, clear-headed lucid last night. I have had others of similar length but this one was stable, and I was thinking just like I normally would...not like a characature of me, if you've ever had a lucid like that where you were aware and making choices but more caught up in the dream and actions not what you normally would do. My trigger was just that I noticed a dream sign...not an extraordinary amomaly but just a more common one (in my case feeling guilty I left my wife in bed without telling her where I went). I think this type of trigger is starting to be more fruitful.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Jan 2013 17:35

rothgar wrote:I just had my longest, clear-headed lucid last night. I have had others of similar length but this one was stable, and I was thinking just like I normally would...not like a characature of me, if you've ever had a lucid like that where you were aware and making choices but more caught up in the dream and actions not what you normally would do. My trigger was just that I noticed a dream sign...not an extraordinary amomaly but just a more common one (in my case feeling guilty I left my wife in bed without telling her where I went). I think this type of trigger is starting to be more fruitful.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

It's good that you're indentfying the trigger. I wonder sometimes if we always know we are dreaming, but just choose to ignore it so we have to kind of wake up that part of us that just pays attention to it. A lot of my more vivid dreams are becoming semi-lucid and seem on the edge of spontaneous lucidity.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Jan 2013 01:50

rothgar wrote:I was thinking just like I normally would...not like a characature of me, if you've ever had a lucid like that where you were aware and making choices but more caught up in the dream and actions not what you normally would do.

lucidinthe sky wrote:A lot of my more vivid dreams are becoming semi-lucid and seem on the edge of spontaneous lucidity.

I was semi-lucid last night, and also fully lucid too, so I was thinking about it and compared the two. When I was semi-lucid, I knew there were no consequences and I was upset with a guy that almost brought me to tears earlier in the dream like a bully. (I am 33 years old, but in that state, I was a 'characture' of myself and felt more like a child). I decided to punch him and beat him up. Something I have never done before in waking life, it is out of character for me, but at the time I just knew there were no consequences and it would feel good. I tracked him down, and he was already in a fight with a DC from previously in the dream so I felt it was justified. I not only kicked is ass, I punched his head so hard against a wall it exploded! Then I thought, I can do that better. And I 'rewound' it like a movie and did it again to my satisfaction. I then went on a rampage and tried to create a gory 'movie'. I knew it wasn't real, and was just the director. (Judge me all you want and interpret the dream as you wish. But I get dark imagery sometimes and am not ashamed of it. I bet we all do, but just don't want to talk about it.)

Although I lost the focus of being the 'director' and started to dream 'normally' again... (if any dream is normal?!), the one I remember afterward was far more vivid and was basically a lucid dream, where you have a sense of self, and behave almost rationally, but I was not focused on myself at all and caught up in the moments of the dream as if they were real problems.

Then in the early morning, although brief and not as realistic as other lucid dreams. (Ex. I had no sense of touch, or even a body, just images and sounds). But I was fully aware of who I was, what I wanted to do in the dream and everything. I was no longer a characture of my self, or in a dream-stooper as I have been calling it. I was fully aware, and lucid.

I've been thinking and writing a lot about dream characters lately and I am starting to think that the 'I' in the dream, (ourselves), is also a dream character that follows the same principles. The 'I' or self, or some call the Ego... it changes personality and awareness of the lucid dream just as much as they do.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”