if i do this (read the post) will i be able to lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
reecehussain_

if i do this (read the post) will i be able to lucid dream

Postby reecehussain_ » 10 Jan 2013 19:46

if i just do random reality checks all the time, will i still be able to lucid dream without righting down my dreams?

Summerlander

Re: if i do this (read the post) will i be able to lucid dre

Postby Summerlander » 10 Jan 2013 22:17

In all likelihood it won't be as effective. It helps to record dreams so that you familiarise yourself with recurrent content, eventual patterns and other common elements that can be identified as dream signs that will reinforce certainty in dreaming.

By just doing reality checks in waking life only to conclude that the real world is being perceived, you run the risk of recreating exactly the same scenario whilst dreaming and miss out on opportunities for lucidity to develop.

Know your dreams in order to raise your awareness during REM sleep and catalyse dream consciousness. It has already been scientifically established that consciousness is interrelated with memory. MILD will help you to program your mind and is a very practical method. It is like requesting lucid dreams on demand. But you must record your dreams in any method for a doubly effect.

If you don't improve your memory of dreaming by recording everything in a journal, dictation machine, or any other means that you find suitable, you may find that only some of your reality checks deliver results, and, when they do, you won't even be able to remember your lucid dreams as much as you would like to.

Nothing more disappointing than the tenuous recall of lucid dreaming. By making the effort of familiarising yourself with your ordinary dreams, you are making a huge progress in lucid dream recall. Get a dream journal, make it part of the fun, be enthusiastic about the whole process. Trust me, it will pay off. Why do you think Stephen LaBerge is so successful? He lives it with a passion! He is leading the research in this particular study. He is more interested in the phenomenon than most people.

Be a dream detective! Do the paper work and go out there in the 'field' as an enthusiastic oneironaut who won't miss a thing during the exploration process. ;)

I think this link will further arouse your interest:
http://dreamdoze.com/oneirology-understanding-the-how-the-why-and-the-what/
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Dannydaninja

Re: if i do this (read the post) will i be able to lucid dre

Postby Dannydaninja » 11 Jan 2013 07:59

Recording your dreams just makes it a whole lot easier, it's still very possible to lucid dream without recording your dreams.

Usually if I don't record my dreams I end up forgetting them within an hour of waking up, which is annoying.

I think writing down your dreams is a good way to emphasise your dreams so your mind knows they are important. Also it's fun to read some of your best past dreams, I can go back and read about a dream I had almost a year ago and remember it as if I were still there.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”