Language of the subconscious.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
hopelessdreamer

Language of the subconscious.

Postby hopelessdreamer » 13 Jan 2013 19:17

Hello.

I've been thinking about this thing for some time now. You see, my first language is Danish but I study Lucid Dreaming in English and I read about the techniques in English. For example what you're supposed to tell your subconscious mind before going to bed.
I usually translate this to Danish and tell myself for example "I'm going to have a Lucid Dream tonight" in Danish. But can the subconscious mind learn about Lucid Dreaming in English, but still "practice" it in Danish?

I hope you know what I'm talking about, it's a bit hard to explain.

Peace.

erichsa

Re: Language of the subconscious.

Postby erichsa » 13 Jan 2013 20:25

I understand what you mean. I am German and read most about dreaming in English. I also speak Afrikaans. In my dreams I dream at times only in German,or English,or Afrikaans,but also listening to or speaking all three languages in one dream. So the answer is yes you can ask in Danish, as your subconscious mind understands. :)

Bizanchinryuu

Postby Bizanchinryuu » 13 Jan 2013 22:01

That's fun to hear, i speak Dutch, German, English, Frisian and Japanese lol.

hopelessdreamer

Postby hopelessdreamer » 13 Jan 2013 23:23

Bizanchinryuu wrote:That's fun to hear, i speak Dutch, German, English, Frisian and Japanese lol.

So? This has got nothing to do with the amount of languages spoken. But good for you I guess.

hopelessdreamer

Postby hopelessdreamer » 13 Jan 2013 23:23

erichsa wrote:I understand what you mean. I am German and read most about dreaming in English. I also speak Afrikaans. In my dreams I dream at times only in German,or English,or Afrikaans,but also listening to or speaking all three languages in one dream. So the answer is yes you can ask in Danish, as your subconscious mind understands. :)

Thank you. That's good to know.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 14 Jan 2013 00:47

you didn't have to be rude to the person who said that they speak many languages. I actually find it interesting that they speak so many! don't be rude you wont receive help that way
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jan 2013 02:34

The subconscious doesn't think in words at all. That is what I think. So all languages are just ways to communicate the same feelings that we all feel as humans no matter how we express it in whatever language. I think even my pet dogs that don't speak in any language at all seem to dream. They twitch and bark in their sleep. They are dreaming without language.

So no matter what language you learn something in, it won't change the fact that you UNDERSTAND it in your head beyond the need for words. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 14 Jan 2013 04:01

i think there is deeper language of thought. something we don't understand very well.

hopelessdreamer

Postby hopelessdreamer » 14 Jan 2013 20:15

dreamerinmiami wrote:you didn't have to be rude to the person who said that they speak many languages. I actually find it interesting that they speak so many! don't be rude you wont receive help that way

I realize my comment might have come off as a bit rude, but that wasn't my intention at all. When I read the comment about all the languages, I thought it was ment in a way to make me feel stupid or ignorant because I was only talking about two languages, but that's the bad thing about the written word - it is hard to interpret and irony is often lost.

hopelessdreamer

Postby hopelessdreamer » 14 Jan 2013 20:16

And thank you for your replies, guys. It is very good to know. The subconscious is indeed an interesting part of us.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”